This hotel has rooms that are extremely tired, hard beds, cheap furniture and in desperate need of a refurb. When you stay at an apparently 4 star hotel you generally expect well maintained clean rooms, not filth (see photo) The disappointment didn't finish there unfortunately. It cost $55 per head for an understaffed and poor quality restaurant in the lobby.Rydges also frustrate me in the fact that no Frequent flyer or Priority guest rewards are provided because we booked through Expedia, very annoying considering the rate paid was $170 per night, doesn't encourage any loyalty! It should be based on amount spent not what channel it was booked. People probably paid $150 through the hotel and got rewarded. All in all a pretty poor hotel, much better options in Cairns! Will certainly ask work to book elsewhere in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story hotel towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns