We stayed in an apartment at Rydges because are a family with two teenage boys.
Good part: very large apartment with 2.5 baths... excellent choice for a family who doesn't want to be packed into a hotel room. We could spread out, which was much needed on a 2 week vacation!
Not so good part: A bit of a walk to the Esplanade area - other hotels are closer. Room was a bit 'dated'..needs to be updated with some new furnishings, carpets, art.. etc.
By the way, the 'beach' in Cairns is awful...a huge mudflat with crocodile warning signs. Downtown area of Cairns reminds me of the party beach cities of Florida for singles. Seemed very touristy. I wouldn't go back to Cairns - we spent several nights in Port Douglas and it was a much, much better choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront 12-story hotel towers, 3 blocks from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Esplanade Cairns
- Rydges Cairns