Pullman Cairns International
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
2,306 results
All reviewsseafood buffetpool decklobby barharbour viewbeautiful hotelrooms are largeroom servicetwo double bedstour deskbit datedport douglasthe great barrier reefcasinoconciergegymesplanadeconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

For our 2 nights in Cairns, we couldn't have asked for a better location. We were able to walk to the wharf for our catamaran trip to the Outer Reef, and we also walked to local restaurants and shops. (Try the "Rattle and Hum" for fish and chips, as suggested by the concierge.) The breakfast buffet, included with our room, was plentiful and varied, and wait staff were readily available to clear tables. There's free wi-fi in the lobby; just ask at reception for the code to log in.

Our room was large, the hotel was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. However, we were inexplicably placed in a handicap room, with a large, roll-in shower and no tub. The shower curtain was a couple of feet short, and each time we showered, water splattered out, soaking the floor. Twice we had to ask for extra towels to mop it up. I mentioned this at the front desk, and received an apology and that's all. It was especially surprising that we were assigned this room, since I had mentioned at check-in that we were members of the Accor Hotels Loyalty program, hoping for an upgrade. The request for an upgrade was denied, which I understood, but then to be assigned a sub-standard room was disappointing.

We often like to take the stairs instead of the elevator in hotels for exercise, but DON'T try it here. We did, and found that the doors lock behind you and you can't get back out onto the floors. After trying several levels and pounding on various doors, we finally found a door that would open, which led to an "employee only" area of the hotel. A staff person then led us back to the lobby. Not a pleasant experience. In all our travels, we've never encountered this before.

In summary, the Pullman Cairns International is a beautiful hotel in a great location, and we would probably stay here again, despite the quirks we experienced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NancyinMinnesnowta
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am a local who often stayed at this Hotel prior to it being a Pullman, my recent visit made me realise the reason I chose to stay at other Hotels in the area.
I ordered a Taxi at 3pm to arrive at 7pm which I found at 7.20pm had not been ordered, room service were unhelpful so I failed to order.
Having High Tea with my girlfriend in the afternoon it appeared that when we tried to order anything else the staff just disappeared

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Loved this place. The pool was so nice and the staff really friendly. We sadly only spent one night here but would have been happy there for the whole 3 weeks!

Good location

Spacious rooms and comfy beds.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
An Accor traveler
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed March 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fantastic service on arrival. The rooms were beautiful and the hotel was right in the city, so fantastic for walking to any restaurants.
The only disappointment was that we didn't book the restaurant downstairs so could not get the meal deal. So for future stays we will be pre-booking to make sure we get a seat!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family