During the tourism boom in Cairns, waterfront properties on the Esplanade were the epitome of luxury in accommodation and location. Sadly, these days have passed, and, although the location is still great, the accomoodation standard has sadly slipped. Whilst we had a Deluxe waterfront view and the room was spacious, the concrete rendered ceiling was black with dirt and mould, the carpet stained, stained and chipped furniture, and a very dated bathroom. The room had an overwhelming smell of bleach, almost as though this room had not been used for some time.
We did not dine in any of the restaurants, indeed one was closed for reburbishment. There are many restaurants and cafes within walking distance of the hotel worth a try.
Very disappointing, and we probably will not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Cairns hotel suites are convenient to Cairns lagoon precinct, where guests can take a dip in the clear, blue water or enjoy sunning on sandy shores. Nearby departure points for The Great Barrier Reef make it easy for guests staying in our Cairns hotel accommodation to explore its incredible natural beauty. The Cairns city centre is also within walking distance and offers premier area shopping and dining hotspots. We offer 246 Cairns hotel rooms exceptionally equipped with desirable features. Most rooms open onto a private balcony overlooking scenic views of the ocean, tropical gardens and swimming pool. All rooms are en-suite and boast complimentary WI-FI, a mini-bar, iron and ironing board and secure safe. Rydges Tradewinds is also pleased to offer recently released movies and games for hire on tablet computers. The cost is just $15 per 24 hours for a tablet which plugs directly into your room TV. Our Cairns hotel executive suites and ocean front rooms include luxurious signature Rydges Dream Beds where guests can rest from the adventures of the day. A variety of Cairns hotel rooms are available to perfectly suit those seeking business, leisure or family accommodation. Dining is available at the onsite restaurant, Drift on the Esplanade, where guests can enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner overlooking the Coral Sea. Spa by the Sea offers guests seeking relaxation luxurious onsite spa treatments. Those staying at the hotel for a Cairns event will appreciate its conference and events facilities, capable of hosting up to 500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Rydges Tradewinds Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Tradewinds Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Rydges Tradewinds Hotel Cairns
- Cairns Rydges Tradewinds Hotel