We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in March 2014.
- It is true that this hotel is in need of being updated - the corridors and rooms do look tired and worn.
- the corridors smelt like they had been cleaned with a dirty mop, but I'm not sure if the smell was actually linked to the smell in our room (see below)
- our room had a horrible smell of mould, I think this was coming from the ceiling which looked mouldy. The carpet had a damp feeling too.
- the fruit bats in the trees outside our room were very noisy at night to the point where I wore ear plugs in order to sleep (although my husband slept through the noise fine)
- our bathroom was clean
- the breakfast was lovely - lots of choice, good quality and reasonably priced
- the swimming pool area was nice and the bar stuff at the pool very friendly
- the hotel was well located and it was only a 5 minute walk to the promenade.