“One of my favourites” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort

Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort
Ranked #22 of 65 Hotels in Cairns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel was chosen for the attractive pool surroundings and garden, which I enjoyed over the weekend I was there, although the area was very busy with families and a wedding party. Unfortunately the rooms did not match the outdoor area - the door to the balcony didn't work, there were chips and scratches in a lot of the paint work and the towels particularly, were definitely very well worn. Probably not the best location in town, either, if you don;t like walking in the heat.

Room Tip: The fruit bats are very noisy and may wake light sleepers. Choose a room on the side of the hotel a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was surrounded by big trees which where full of bats!!! Maybe you can find bats quite interesting but try to sleep when they start making a cry noise all at once. Additionally, the hotel facilities needs to be renewed. The only good thing was the location near the Esplanade.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Silviamad
GMNovotelCairns, General Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
While I am glad that you like the central location of the resort, I am sorry to learn that your stay was impacted by the presence and noise of the Spectacled Flying Fox colony that roost in trees nearby the resort. You may not be aware but their roost is protected. It has been reported in the local press that the city council is currently working with the Queensland Department of Environment to move them away from the city centre. In the meantime we try to allocate all guests a room that is located away from their roost when occupancy allows.

Once again we are sorry you had this experience and we hope to welcome you back to Novotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Travelers are raving about these Cairns hotels

Wodonga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Bad service from Greg one of the night reception.Novetel lost out on 6 breakfast because of hes rude attitude. He was not happy to help at all. I hope Novetel call me and speak to me about this.
Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GMNovotelCairns, General Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. It is important that we provide our guests with a high standard of service and it is evident from your feedback that we failed to deliver on this occasion. I wish to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Your valuable feedback is important to us so I would be grateful if you would contact me so we can discuss and learn from your experience; I may be contacted on 07 4080 1888.

Kind regards,
James Murphy
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I don't think this hotel should have a four star rating. We stayed here recently for 4 nights, the staff was lovely but the beds were too soft, we spoke to reception and they organized to put a board under the mattress, but that made no difference, so my husband and myself tried with the mattress on the floor, it still made no difference. The beds were that soft that my 3 year old grandson would sink into the mattress . Its a pity as we had choosen this hotel because it was a four star hotel close to all amenities, sorry to say we wont be back, as now I have to see a osteropathy im in that much pain

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMNovotelCairns, General Manager at Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for providing valuable feedback on Tripadvisor. While I am happy to read that you received good service from the resort team, I am sorry to learn that you did not get a good night's sleep. I wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Following your feedback we will complete an inspection of our guest rooms to determine if the issues you encountered is limited to one room or if several matresses need to be replaced.

Once again, we are sorry you had this experience and we hope to welcome you back to Novotel in the future.

Kind regards,