Stayed in a one bedroomed garden view apartment which was actually quite large. The apartment was well equipped with everything needed to self cater. The resort is very centrally located with access from both the Esplanade and Abbott Street, with the main entrance located in level 1 and accessed from Abbott Street. The resort is an easy walk from the train station (about 800 metres) and a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the airport (approx $20). The resort has a very nice barbecue area and a good pool. There are plenty of good restaurants and pubs along the Esplanade, all within very easy walking distance of the resort. The night markets are located virtually below the resort and run every night from 4.30 until about 10.30pm. Perhaps the only downside to being so close to the markets is the smell of cooking from the many food outlets, but it didn't really bother us. Megan on reception was very friendly and extremely helpful; nothing seemed to be too much trouble. I would certainly recommend the resort and stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback. From a great waterfront location overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. Guests can enjoy recreational facilities including a swimming pool with sun deck and shade, gymnasium and BBQ facilities. Cairns is a city of many moods. The crisp clear air of its mornings, the tropical warmth of its days, as well as balmy nights lit by the moon shining over Trinity Bay offer an unmatched appeal and BreakFree Royal Harbour is the place to enjoy it. Please note: For guests arriving by car, including taxi, please arrive at our rear entrance where Reception and car parking is located - Level 1, 60 Abbott Street. This is above the Night Markets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns