We chose it for its location and were delighted to see that the property is right at the centre of Cairns City scene with the Promenade right below our apartment which also overlooked the beautiful lagoon pool as part of Cairns Esplanade.
Night markets (kiosks selling mainly souvenirs and chinese massage shops) are right below the property as are busy food halls whose kitchens spew out intense aromas all day so if you are hungary, they are appealing otherwise appalling. The ground floor doors of the hotel open onto the main restaurant street of Cairns. So if you want action with a seafront location, this is one of the good value for money properties.
Apartments are spacious and there is a double sofa cum bed in the living room cum kitchenette opening onto a reasonable sized balcony overlooking Cairns harbour, esplanade and the promenade. While the main bedroom is very small, the beds were comfortable, which was not the case with the sofa cum bed. It was sagging in the middle making sound sleep impossible. Must say that the hotel acted promptly to provide another bed, but it turned out to be of the same kind so we gave up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback, overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns