We arrived boxing day 2012 and stayed a few days we had a beautiful apartment facing the lagoons.
The hotel reception was closed upon arrival however they had been great with communication on letting us know what to do when we got there as well as have lots of signage for after hours guests.
This hotel doesn't look the best from the outside actually it's a hideous green colour but it was fantastic, the staff are extrmely friendly, the rooms and hotel reception and other areas are kept very clean and we had a fantastic view of a nighttime from our balcony.
The hotel is centrel to the dining and nightlife in Cairns and is just across the road from the awesome lagoon, it's probably a 5-10minute walk to Muddy's playground but it's a nice walk along the water anyway.
We really enjoyed out stay at Breakfree and would definatley look at staying at other Breakfree hotels for future holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback. From a great waterfront location overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. Guests can enjoy recreational facilities including a swimming pool with sun deck and shade, gymnasium and BBQ facilities. Cairns is a city of many moods. The crisp clear air of its mornings, the tropical warmth of its days, as well as balmy nights lit by the moon shining over Trinity Bay offer an unmatched appeal and BreakFree Royal Harbour is the place to enjoy it. Please note: For guests arriving by car, including taxi, please arrive at our rear entrance where Reception and car parking is located - Level 1, 60 Abbott Street. This is above the Night Markets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns