We just spent 11 days in a 1 br apartment. I had contacted Reception some 8 weeks before we arrived to ensure we had an apartment above the 3rd floor as I told them I needed a quiet apartment to relax on doctor's orders. I was assured our apartment was on the 7th floor, well away from any noise. I was pleased, because I had read the comments on this site about street noise from backpacker hostel next door and on the north side of the building. At check in we discovered we were given apartment No.704 which was located on the 7th floor on the south side of the building. But we soon found that the building next door had an extremely noisy air conditioning unit on the roof which was located less than 30 meters from our balcony. It was on 24/7 and was so noisy, we had to yell whenever we needed to communicate with each other whilst sitting on the balcony. We even had to leave the balcony sliding door shut at all times to avoid the noise. We requested another apartment on the north side of the building but we were told there was none available. No apology was given. Very disappointing, we felt we were deceived and robbed of a relaxing holiday. Never again Breakfree holiday accommodation anywhere in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cairns is the primary gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest and Tropical North Queensland's outback. From a great waterfront location overlooking Trinity Bay and the spectacular Cairns Lagoon, BreakFree Royal Harbour is perfectly positioned for guests to enjoy the best of this vibrant tropical city. The resort is within walking distance of Cairns CBD and the bustling hub of the Esplanade's restaurants and cafes. The famous Cairns Night Markets are on the hotel's doorstep and the Reef Casino is nearby. BreakFree Royal Harbour offers self-contained one bedroom garden spas with a private courtyard and one bedroom ocean view spa apartments with a private balcony all including kitchenettes, laundry facilities, spa, air conditioning, internet access, ironing facilities, hair dryer, digital TV and a VHS/DVD player. From the level two pool deck, guests can enjoy views of the ocean, Cairns Lagoon and the passing parade of marine vessels heading out to the Great Barrier Reef. Guests can enjoy recreational facilities including a swimming pool with sun deck and shade, gymnasium and BBQ facilities. Cairns is a city of many moods. The crisp clear air of its mornings, the tropical warmth of its days, as well as balmy nights lit by the moon shining over Trinity Bay offer an unmatched appeal and BreakFree Royal Harbour is the place to enjoy it. Please note: For guests arriving by car, including taxi, please arrive at our rear entrance where Reception and car parking is located - Level 1, 60 Abbott Street. This is above the Night Markets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your BreakFree Royal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Hotel Cairns
- Breakfree Royal Harbour Cairns