“nice hotel for the price and location”
Review of Coral Tree Inn

Coral Tree Inn
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Rooms were clean but did not have a lot of place to store your clothes or set your suitcases. The floors were ceramic tile. Loved the spacious shower with the great water pressure!! You can get free Wi-Fi but for only 30 minutes each day and only in the lobby. The Esplanade is only about a 5 minute walk away. Staff were friendly and very helpful in calling to confirm our transports etc. Breakfast was a mix of hot and cold items but depending how you booked your breakfast may or may not be included in the price. If it is not, you may want to consider a short walk downtown. There is a safe in the room. This hotel still has actual keys and our room did not have a safety chair or a deadbolt lock which I was surprised about. I never felt unsafe in the area but would liked a deadbolt. There is a small pool /courtyard area and a grill area if you want to cook out. A good deal for the price especially if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room. **There is an area to store your suitcases if you leave for a scuba trip for the night but it was in an open room at the end of the hall and we walked in and out of the room several times to get things from our bag. I assume they locked it at night but we were not around to see for sure.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear leopardgolfer,

Thank you for taking the time to review Coral Tree Inn following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be nice for the price and location. Recently we have started offering free Wi-Fi internet service to all guests. Coral Tree Inn is amongst the very few hotels that offers complimentary internet service in Cairns. I am happy to inform you that we have reviewed our internet plans and there is no restriction on surfing except downloading bulk content.

In regards to a dead bold in the guest rooms, Queensland Fire laws does not allow accommodation providers to install them as it may compromise guests safety to access rooms in an emergency situation. The hotel however has put all security measures in place to ensure guests safety and security.

I have passed your kind words to all the staff members, who are most grateful and it serves a very nice reward for a job well done.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Coral Tree Inn

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I found this hotel to be well run, very clean and spacious with excellent facilities. An ironing board, iron and hair dryer were in the room - no extra charge. Free wifi was also provided. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The Esplanade was a quick 5 minute walk away. Close to shops and transport. Only 10 minutes from the airport.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Annette R
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear nettiemr,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Coral Tree Inn.

Reading such glowing comments about the hotel, service and comfort makes everyone in our team immensely proud. My team was very happy to read your comments about being helpful and friendly, they do strive to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity whilst not being too overbearing. I am also very happy that you enjoyed all the little extras that we provide to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience.

My team and I look forward to your return and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Coral Tree Inn. If you're looking for a 5-star hotel, this isn't going to be the place for you, but we found it to be quaint, comfortable and very clean. Each room has a little balcony with a table and chairs overlooking the outdoor pool area - it was a nice place to sit outside in the evening. While the rooms were incredibly clean, the pool looked a bit dingy and uninviting. If you want to swim, there's a beautiful public pool in Cairns a short walk away that I think would be a better option. Great front desk staff - very friendly and helpful and I was really impressed with they way they handled a complaint we had on our first night. We had a bit of a problem when we checked in as our room absolutely REEKED of cigarette smoke. We went downstairs to ask to switch to a different room - the gentleman at the desk was incredibly apologetic and polite and told us that they were fully booked that night and would not be able to move us to a new room until the next day. We had plans for a tour the next day, so they offered to move our luggage for us as soon as a new room was ready. When we came back from the tour, our bags had been moved to a new room and it was a lot nicer. Also, as an apology for the inconvenience of not being able to move us immediately, we were given free codes for wifi for the duration of our stay, which was really very nice. I think the whole situation was handled very well and I give the staff kudos for their professionalism. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JV427

Dear JV427,

Thank you for reviewing the Coral Tree Inn.

I am happy that you found the hotel’s location convenient. I’m glad that our team member was prompt in resolving the issue during your stay, we do pride ourselves on delivering only the best and most personalized service to our guests.

I am very happy to read your recommendation and sincerely appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

A small disappointingly appointed room for such a highly rated hotel. It was terribly squashed for a twin room, dingy and very dated and I've actually stayed in better hostels. Well over due for refurbishment.

Perhaps other rooms have been refurbished, which is how this hotel gets such a high rating, because our room wasn't even three star! Very basic, and the best thing I can say for it, it was clean, but in that tired kind of way!

The rest of the establishment appeared nice, (much, much better) although I wasn't there long enough to avail myself of the pool and BarBQ area. Quite noisy, though, due to other guests, although no street noise to contend with.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a refurbished room… or ask them to show you which ones rates a 8 on Trip Advisor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Jqqls,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was really sorry to read of your disappointment following your stay with us.

Being a smaller boutique hotel, Coral Tree Inn is very different in its style to that of the other hotels in Cairns. Since refurbishing the hotel and all guest rooms a few years back, we have found that many of our guests have enjoyed our tropical style of property and service levels that we are able to provide as a result many of which have shared their positive experiences and recommendations with others on TripAdvisor. Through talking and listening to our guests, we do try and ensure that our guest room amenities and facilities match expectations, but I am sorry that this was not the case for you.

Once again, my sincere apologies for your disappointment and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Lovely little hotel in Cairns. Rooms well appointed with all amenities for self catering if needed. Within an easy walk of resturants and bars, this hotel is ideal for a few days in Cairns. The staff were very helpful and cheery and the breakfast was good value for money. The only slight down sides were the lack of a lift and the corridors were a bit noisy when people were moving about early in the morning. However the newly refurbished rooms were good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BGee1414,

Thank you for your lovely review of the Coral Tree Inn.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. Our location is a real asset to the hotel, with the lovely views of the park opposite, as well as its close proximity to shops and restaurants. I will definitely pass on your kind words to the hotel team, we constantly aim to exceed guests expectations.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and we're absolutely thrilled we picked this hotel. It's very close to everything, rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfy, receptionists are extremely helpful and friendly, it's perfect really, especially for the price !! We got a deal on booking.com for 3 nights $250. We hadn't planned on spending it by the pool so it wasn't a problem for us but just incase you are, it's not very nice. It's almost dirty looking, it was out of order on our first day so perhaps it had something to do with that but there was a smell coming from it?!! But don't let that turn you off! It's a fab hotel otherwise !

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashlovestravelling
Anand C, General Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Ashlovestravelling,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback following your recent visit to Cairns.

I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel’s central location to be convenient.

I appreciate your honest and constructive feedback. Unfortunately we encountered a problem with the swimming pool’s filter and pump equipment few weeks back however I’m happy to inform you that this issue has now been resolved.

Thanks again for your review and I hope to be able to welcome you back the next time you visit Cairns and enjoy a nice dip in our salt water pool.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Great location for Cairns, we unfortunately had a rear room facing the car park with a palm tree view. The room is clean but basic and could do with a little tlc here and there. The staff were fantastic though and the service overall couldn't have been better. The hotel has a small pool but is clean however becomes quite shaded later on in the afternoon. If you are looking for cheaper accommodation with a great location then this is the hotel for you. Only a 5 minute walk from Cairns so location is it's best asset.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky C

Dear Nicky C,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

Whilst it was pleasing to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s central location, service and our staff it was disappointing to read the room did not entirely meet your expectations and I shall discuss this with my team.

Thank you again for your review.