“Warm home”
Review of Coral Tree Inn

Coral Tree Inn
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Not deluxe hotel, but it is definitely decent tropical style property. It is only a few minutes walking to Esplanade and reef terminal. Staff were very helpful, included cooked breakfast was a bonus and the price is value for money. Rooms & entire grounds were very clean. This will be my first choice of accommodation if visiting Cairns again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Anand C, Front Office Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear frank f,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel premises, restaurant, location and you received friendly service. I have passed this onto our team. It’s nice to hear you found the Coral Tree Inn to be good value.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Tree Inn next time your travels bring you to Cairns.

There are newer reviews for Coral Tree Inn

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My daughter and her friend are currently in Cairns and I have booked this hotel for them to stay on their last week in Australia. So far the communication and help from James at the hotel has been excellent I will update after their stay but I could not ask for a more friendly and professional approach thus far to customer interaction as I'm some 12,000 miles away. Well done James, well done Coral bay

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martyn R

Dear Martyn R,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

We endeavour to make our customers happy and to receive such positive feedback is enriching. James and our entire team thank you for your inspiring comments.

It will be pleasing to hear that your daughter and her friend had a welcoming stay also.

Once again thank you for your feedback and if your travels bring you to Cairns in the near future we look forward to welcoming you.

Sophia & Team

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The first day(5th June) my sister and I arrived at the inn at 10. We were asked to check-in until 2pm because that is the official check-in time. So we waited for four hours, meanwhile, quite a few people got the room key and successfully checked in before 2pm. The reception girl were always speaking in indifference. On 9th June, the day we checked out, we booked a transfer to the airport to pick us at the inn at 12:30. However, the reception girl(the same one as on 5th) ringed to our room to ask us to check out before 10am, and claimed that the bus will pick us at 12. Then we packed up in a hurry and checked out at 10:30am while I saw a couple of people check in at the same time. We'd been waited for the bus until 12:30am. The bus driver confirmed that the pick up time had never been changed and was definitely 12:30. I questioned the reception girl who told her the time had been advanced, she said "somebody from the bus company who she doesn't know". It's either she was lying or she intended to make us check out earlier. My sister and I feel discriminated during our stay in the inn and we would never recommend other people, especially non-Anglo to go this place. This inn totally ruined our holiday in Cairns. I've been in Australia for a year and this was the first time I received such an obviously unfair service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SednaBrisbane
Anand C, Front Office Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear SednaBrisbane,

Thank you for reviewing Coral Tree Inn on Trip Advisor and thank you for staying with us.

I am sorry that you felt discriminated against. Firstly I would like to explain our check in procedures; our standard check in time is 2pm which we tell our guests if they arrive early and all our guests are welcome to store their luggage free of charge. Guests satisfaction is our priority and we try to accommodate early check in whenever possible sometimes we unable to check in guests prior to 2pm depending on the hotels occupancy levels. Check in becomes available when the room is flagged as clean and inspected by our housekeeping associates. Factors such as room types, length of stay, bedding configuration and any special requests contribute to guests check in.

In regards to your concern about feeling discriminated against I would like to assure you at Coral Tree Inn we strongly support diversity within our team and warmly welcome guests from all over the world. Our people who work in Coral Tree Inn come from different backgrounds and we are one of the most diverse organisations in Cairns and understand the true value of reflecting to our customers and local communities.

Our check out time is at 10am on the day of departure we received a call from the transport company asking us to advise you about the change in schedule. The hotel has only tried to convey the information that we received for your convenience. I hope this will not deter you from coming back to Coral Tree Inn.

We can appreciate your time and your feedback and look forward a future opportunity to exceed your expectations at Coral Tree Inn.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Overall we were disappointed with our stay at the motel. On entering the room which appeared fresh, clean and spacious - went to the bathroom and immediately got that smell of vomit or something worse. I rang the front desk - still waiting. The next day when checking out staff were unaware of my request about the smell in the bathroom. The double bed was two singles joined together and not the same size. . I was then charged on my visa card even though the room had been paid for in advance. The receptionist assured me that the money would be reimbursed but still charged me - had left me 200+ short for the rest of my trip. Reimbursed a week later.
However putting all this aside the breakfast was fabulous and the lady in the restaurant very friendly.

Room Tip: Ensure your bed is not two singles joined together.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear gingie71,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and the friendly service I’ll be sure to pass on your kind comments to our Chef.

I apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to you. We will be addressing this to the housekeepers and our front office team about the delay in resolving the issue. In regards to the pre-authorisation it is a security deposit and it depends on clients’ bank to release and process any payments. More and more establishments are using this procedure as a safety and security measure sorry if this has caused any inconvenience to you.

Thank you for staying at Coral Tree Inn and if you are ever back in Cairns please give us another chance we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

my room was almost perfect, big confortable bed, with climatisation.
Cairns is a small city, the location was perfect, at 10 minutes of the center of the city and 20 minutes of walk from the port
the service was excellent ! ( with a possibility of booking everything from the hotel )

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Eric F
Anand C, Front Office Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Eric F,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor It is always great to read reviews from our guests.

I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay, our newly refurbished rooms and amenities and our central location. We strive to deliver great customer service, and should a guest want to organise tours, car hire or transfers our friendly team will happily arrange.

Should you visit Far North Queensland in the future, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Tree Inn.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here one night in May before I went to Port Douglas. Upon arrival the reception staff were first class. They made me feel like a valued customer and were very informative about what to see and do in Cairns. Room was perfect. Decor was good and liked having the outdoor area to sit. Location is handy to Cairns CBD.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crayge

Dear Crayge,

Thank you for your great feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our team works extremely hard to deliver the best customer service and experience for our guests, so it is truly rewarding to hear this feedback.

If your travels bring you to Cairns in the near future, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Coral Tree Inn.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our family of four took two rooms for two nights. Ww found this place really friendly and comfortable, with a good location to everything. The pool was clean, and the rooms very clean and tidy. The staff were extremely helpful with where to eat, attractions to see etc. Highly recommended and we will stay here again

Room Tip: The rooms facing the road were fine. Try not to get one overlooking the barbecue area as this can be...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Anand C, Front Office Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear leson,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. It is always great to read reviews from our guests.

I’m really pleased that you enjoyed your stay, we are lucky to be located close to the esplanade and the main shopping centres here in the heart of the city. Our team always strive to deliver excellent customer service and we are very passionate about our local area and love when guests get to experience this too.

Thank you for staying with us and we forward to welcoming you next time here at the Coral Tree Inn.