Mantra Esplanade Cairns
$151
$134
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Il Centro Apartment Suites(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$130
$125
Agoda.com
Cairns Plaza Hotel(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$94
$71
$61
  • Breakfast included
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$97
$185
$180
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$81
$75
Oasis Inn(Cairns)
$65
$62
Orbitz.com
1,796 results
All reviewsgreat locationcourthouse hotelone bedroom apartmentcity viewlagoon poolhotel roomreef terminalnight marketgood sizefree wifiwashing machine and dryerreception staffwould stay here againcentral locationfull kitchenshort staygreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed at The Mantra on The Esplanade in Cairns, although the hotel was clean and suitably appointed sleeping of a night was challenging. This hotel is very central with the night life of Cairns at your door step problem is that regardless of where you stay in the hotel the street noise is loud.
If you want peace and quiet don't stay here, if you want a good clean hotel centrally located in Cairns then this hotel is for you.
Woolworths supermarket is across the road, in house swimming pool is good, parking is secure and staff are very helpful.

Would I stay here again?........... I doubt it due to the night time noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GTKE21
mantraesp, General Manager at Mantra Esplanade Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear GTKE21,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear that you did not get a good night's sleep but was pleased to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Location of hotel was good - across the road from the outdoor swimming pool which is a hive of activity and you had restaurants at your doorstep. We have stayed at the Mantra Trilogy and that was also good. If had to choose we would choose Trilogy- better pool area and rooms. They are not located far from each other.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rykony

Dear rykony,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience while staying at Mantra Esplanade, Cairns.

I was pleased to hear you enjoyed both the Cairns Mantra properties!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and 14 month old stayed here for 4 nights. We will be staying here whenever we are in Cairns. Excellent location on the Esplanade. Clean and comfortable 1 bedroom apartment with all necessary self contained requirements. In close proximity to shops.

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom Apartments if travelling with kids
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Faunty

Dear faunty,

Thank you so much for your very positive review of your stay at Mantra Esplanade, Cairns!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Mantra for 7 nights in a 1 bedroom city view apartment on the 4th floor. We were very fortunate that when we arrived (about 1pm) we were given access to our room. Check in was completely hassel free. The room was very clean and quite spacious and had everything we needed, althought the carpet and furniture is a little dated. Our room overlooked Shields St and there is quite a bit of activity on Friday and Saturday nights but this IS a hotel in the city and close to everything including reef terminal ( 4 min walk) lagoon (across the road) cafes, RSL, Night Markets . For us the bit of noise at night was no big deal as we were in the the perfect location and that more than compensated for any sleep deprivation. The hotel pool is very clean and has deck chairs around it.The reception staff were alway more than happy to give us beach towels, book tours and call us a taxi,even at 4.15am. We had a lovely time at the Mantra and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Maybe in summer an ocean view or room overlooking the pool would be cooler as the room we had would is very hot in the afternoon and you wouldn't be able utilise the balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne C

Dear Lynne C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.

We were all very pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and all the surrounding attractions!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at the Mantra for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment. The bed was comfortable and it was nice and clean with block out curtains which was great but the living area was tiny. The balcony was a good size but it had very uncomfortable furniture so lingering was not an option. We were also situated outside of the room with the garbage disposal and the clanging of bottles going down the shute was a wake up call each morning. The pool is very large but freezing cold as it is in the shade all day and the spa was not heated either.. We went to dinner at the restaurant and service was slow and the food nice but miniscule - when my partner commented about the size of the meal the waiter said that they adjusted their size so that an entrée and dessert would be ordered! All of this was not a deal breaker but when we left it was. We packed the night before leaving as we had an early flight and when I was unpacking at home the next day I realized I had left my dryer and some hairdressing products in the bathroom cupboard. I phoned the hotel and was told that they would check with housekeeping and get back to me. Two days later I called again and was told again that they would check with housekeeping. They did phone and told me that it was not there. I asked them to check again because as great as the hairdryer was it could not have walked out of the cupboard or room! I was told that I would get a call again the next day. I did not get the call and today (3 days later) I phoned again and spoke eventually to the general manager and was told that they did not have it. I asked what did they think that could have logically happened to it but this could not be answered. She told me that she trusted her staff and I admire that she defends her staff but I am very disappointed. It is not an earring or a small piece of jewellery that could have been lost easily. Perhaps if the first respondent to my call had done his job and contacted housekeeping they may have found it.

Room Tip: If you have to go there ask for a room away from the garbage shute
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
mantraesp, General Manager at Mantra Esplanade Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear jmhjrr,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I cannot comment on the restaurant as it is not controlled by Mantra Esplanade.

It disappoints me to learn that you encountered indifferent service from a staff member concerning your lost property and I sincerely apologise for this. I have forwarded your comments to the relevant department manager to take up with the the staff member concerned.

This is not up to our usual standard and once again I apologise for the disappointment you experienced.