Spent 3 nights here and we were happy to leave. The staff are cold and the main floor snack bar/restaurant was closed and apparently out of business....a sign of problems in the hotel. Don't expect service...they will give you fresh sheets and towels after the 5th night if you are staying more than 8 days. Same for the tiny bottles of shampoo and soap. You get one of each for 5 days unless you buy extra. Internet is $25./day and you have to rent a key to use the in room safe. Rooms were average size but nothing special and seemed to have been cut in two because the room key to enter from the hallway allowed you access to a tiny alcove to enter one of two rooms. The beds were fine for sleeping but the hotel looked like it needed a major facelift. We had an equally unpleasant stay at a Mantra in Sydney.....is it the chain?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Esplanade offers a prime waterfront location, with stylish and contemporary accommodation in the heart of Cairns. Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. All rooms feature air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. There is also a 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, shopping complex, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. Wander across the road to the Cairns Lagoon in front of the Mantra Esplanade or grab a bite to eat at the many restaurants and cafes on your doorstep. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery as it winds through rainforest and past tumbling waterfalls on its way back down to Cairns. Discover all the amazing sights and activities available in and around Cairns while staying at Mantra Esplanade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns