I agree with another recent reviewer, but I won't steal their title “Great hotel, perfect location, friendly staff”, but it says it all.
If I was told I HAD to mention something bad, all I could say was how the pool was drained, but A) you can't do maintenance with water in the pool and B) while checking in the lovely lady on the front desk explained that to us and how Cairn's awesome free lagoon pool was located right across the road!
Hotel - The Mantra Esplanade was very clean, tidy and quite flash looking. It was also very quiet, which I loved. The rooms were very clean, tidy and very comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, the lounge had a nice flat screen TV and the kitchen had everything we could possibly need. I liked the positioning of the balcony, which allowed us to chat to out neighbours, and even lead to us going out drinking with the couple next door and their friends.
Location - The location was PERFECT! Mantra Esplanade seemed to be positioned directly in the middle of EVERYTHING! Everything was just across the road, or directly next door. This started with my love of watches, so I had to buy a watch from the lovely man at 'Princess Jewelers' right in the foyer of the hotel! Directly next door was 'Cairns Travel Centre' where were able to plan the entire stay in Cairns and book all of our day trips at once.
We used the free lagoon pool across the road, a number of times.
The shops were all around the Hotel. The many restaurants were all around the Hotel, with some of the best ones right next door.
The night market was right around the corner. The Casino was right across the road. The movie complex a short walk. The ferry terminal and wharf to check in for our 'Great Barrier Reef' dive trip was just across the road.
All the bars and clubs were across the road and just around the corner.
Again, PERFECT location!!!!!
Hotel Staff - All staff were lovely to us and consistent throughout our stay. For example, when checking in, we asked for advice about day tours to the reef etc. Instead of simply pointing us over to the brochure stand, the nice lady (sorry I forgot her name, but manager possibly owner?) instead came out from behind the counter and went through the brochures with us and explained them to us.
I always got a warm welcome from reception staff, when returning from dinner/markets etc.
As I mentioned in the title, the only thing that I wasn't happy about was having to check out, though at least it was to fly to Surfers Paradise :)
Thank you Mantra Esplanade. I really fell in love with Cairns and will be back to stay in the future, and finally try out the pool ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps away from the Cairns Swimming Lagoon and offering sweeping ocean, city and mountain views Mantra Esplanade offers a range of Hotel Rooms to fully self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments, featuring air conditioning, a balcony, cable TV, hair dryer, internet access (fee), iron and ironing board, and tea and coffee making facilities. Onsite facilities include 24 hour reception desk, tour desk, swimming pool, spa (not heated), exercise room and barbecue area. In the evening, stroll down the Esplanade to the night markets where you'll find souvenirs, aboriginal art work, crafts, homewares and jewellery. Cairns is a nature lover's paradise and the gateway to the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef, as well as the Daintree National Park and Cape Tribulation. Take the SkyRail cable car and glide above the spectacular rainforest canopy to the laid-back market town of Kuranda. Catch the Kuranda Scenic Railway back to Cairns to enjoy more breathtaking scenery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Esplanade Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Esplanade Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Hotel Cairns
- Mantra Esplanade Resort Cairns