“Sleep in cloud-like beds and pillows as light as feathers”

Pullman Reef Hotel Casino
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Cairns
melbourne
“Sleep in cloud-like beds and pillows as light as feathers”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

The Pullman Reef Casino is in walking distance to the shops, has a lovely pool, spa bath and balcony in each spacious room and the most comfortable king bed I have slept in. If you love the pokies, members can swipe their card for free parking, drinks and points redeemable for cash. We have stayed here before and will stay again. Room prices are fantastic - look for special offers and you will be surprised.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Dear Topcatf40

Thank you for your review. We receive a number of comments about our beds with many guests seeking to buy them for their home! We hope to have you back with us again in the tropics next time you are seeking to escape the chilly Melbourne winter.

Adrian Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Korean first
liverpool
Reviewed July 11, 2010

we stayed in the pullman reef in march this year. It was fantastic. Big, clean, impreesive rooms. Excellent helpful staff who helped us from the start carry our luggage from the flooded road(a king tide due to an earthquake in chile). This is what a hotel is all about, fantastic service. I've been a few places around the world now and Cairns is by far and away the best place I have ever been. The pullman reef contributed to that!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 11, 2010
Dear Kellinho

Thank you for your comments. We take great pride in assisting our guests to have a wonderful time in our tropical city. I will pass on your comments to my team who will take encouragement in your feedback.

We have recently added an Audi service to our suite of offers. Guests can book the use of the all new A4 vehicle per half day and my team will help in identifying the great sites to visit. Next time you visit make sure you ask about this service as it is truly a great way to see the best of the tropics!

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We recently stayed at the Pullman Reef Hotel for 7 nights and wished there were more seats in the car to take the great staff home to unpack and pamper us.

From the first call, the reservations team really wanted our business and we felt valued. On arrival and throughout the week the concierge team booked our day activities, provided great local advice and enusured our week was enjoyable for the whole family.

The restaraunt team made our noisy family welcome and even did a few magic tricks to keep the kids happy.

The Housekeepers were fantastic and took the time to even arrange the kids toys each day and the kids felt very special.

Room service was fast and didn't miss a thing.

Our room was very sacious and well appointed.

Yes the Pullman is above your average priced hotel in Cairns, but this hotel actually delivers on its promises and more than lived upto its cost.

You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Happy255338,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased to read that we lived up to your expectations. As a hotel part of the global Accor group and a brand of hotel that now boasts almost 50 Pullman properties world wide it is essential that we live up to our guests' expectations. We work hard every day to do this and put a lot of energy and care into training our team. They will take great encouragement from your comments.

We hope to have you and your family back with us again.

Mumbai
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Pros: Everything, but mainly location and view.. fantabulous
Cons: Nothing really, but I think that our housekeeping lady (an Indian person, unfortunately my own nationality) stole the decorative ring that I had bought my wife for our anniversary.. Not a lot of value (50$) but broken heart.

This is the most fabulous hotel we have stayed in for this price range... Fully recommended for everything. Just remember, if you want to see the rooftop animal park, get back before 5 pm from the reef..

.. and yes the great barrier reef is the coolest thing on the planet!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 4, 2010
Dear Manishpersonal

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted that you had such a great time in Cairns and in particular that you really enjoyed the world heritage listed Great Barrier Reef!

I was troubled to read that you felt there was an issue with one of our staff. All housekeeping staff go through a rigorous selection process and are subject to very close security measures. As the hotel is part of the casino complex we have significant security measures and unsurpassed surveillance coverage. This includes staff monitoring, room security control and other industry best measures. Although we have had no other complaints of a similar nature we do take your comments very seriously and I ask that you contact me directly with your details so that I can personally investigate this for you.

I am glad however that this doesn’t seem to have dampened your enjoyment and we hope to have you back again!

Sydney
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Firstly let me say that the beds at Pullman Reef are to die for. The most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on - more like sleeping on a cloud than a bed! Second to the beds are the towels. Oh so plushy and a real testament to a true 5 star hotel.

I read a few reviews about the rooms being noisy but I didn't experience this at all. We stayed on Level 5 in a corner room and whilst there was a small amount of noise from the cars on the street, once you shut the doors we weren't able to hear any outside noise.

The rooms are impeccably kept by housekeeping with a full mini bar & beautiful toiletries (very important for us females)

Location of the hotel is perfect. 2 mins walk into the 'city' of Cairns but right next to the water so very quiet at the same time.

The staff are all fabulous. I would without a doubt stay at Pullman again and recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, June 27, 2010
Dear Debsopinion,

Thank you for this wonderful review. I am pleased that you mentioned the exceptional work by our housekeeping team. Often they are forgotten in how important they are to all guests' enjoyment of a hotel room. We are very lucky in that our team are perhaps the best team of housekeeping professionals that I have had the pleasure to work with. They regularly go beyond the base requirements of cleaning: they see themselves more as part of the service team, striving to anticipate the many needs of our guests. In this they make us proud.

I will pass on your comments as this will serve as encouragement to the team!

We hope to welcome you back next time you are in Cairns.

Holbrook, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed 2 nights and from the start of our stay we could not have been helped anymore than we where.
We stayed in a Deluxe room it had a lot of room to move, the bed was very comfy, bathroom was clean and had plenty of room. Was very quiet in the room. The pool was clean and was great to sit around and read or swim. Was close to wharf and resturants. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Taddie63

Thank you for your terrific review. It's a shame you were with us for just two nights, there is so much to see and do in this region that you will need to come back and stay with us again! Next time you are planning a visit to Cairns please feel free to contact our concierge team as our expert team of locals will be able to assist you with planning the perfect mini-vacation for you.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I agree with the other reviewers - I was most impressed with the rooms and loved the spa bath and very comfortable bed. Staff did their best to be helpful (always nice) and room service arrived promptly and was quite good. Valet parking is very cheap ($15/day) and handy.

My only two complaints:
1) I was on Level 2 and it was incredibly noisy. Perhaps this comes with being attached to a casino (I heard a massive screaming fight on Sunday night) - but I heard a lot of hallway noise too.
2) Breakfast... While the staff did their best to be pleasant they were very stressed out and obviously short staffed (long weekend). I waited a long time for my order, juice, coffee and food. The food was average.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this review, June 19, 2010
Dear sunkist_michelle,

Please accept our apologies for the noise that you experienced during your time with us. We are usually a very peaceful and relaxed property although like all hotels sometimes our guests get a bit excited. Unlike most other properties we have our own very large team of surveillance and security staff that are on hand 24 hours a day should they be needed. Noise complaints, although infrequent, can be dealt with very quickly to ensure you have the very best stay with us.

Thank you for your comments on breakfast. Mostly I get a lot of very positive comments on breakfast however I am sorry that on this occasion it seems as though we fell short of your expectations. I have reviewed the roster with my restaurant manager to ensure we have appropriate staffing levels on for future long weekends.

I hope to welcome you back with us when you are next escaping the cold Melbourne winter!