$133
$147
$137
Hilton
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

$271
$150
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

Reef Palms(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$92
$87
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$149
$126
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$133
$122
Hotels.com
$112
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$104
$95
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$164
$149
Orbitz.com
2,166 results
All reviewstamarind restaurantjunior suitespa bathseparate toiletcafe chinawildlife domenespresso machineplantation shutterspillow menuturn down servicebeautiful roomroom servicemini barwater viewfantastic hotelcity viewour honeymoon
Reviewed July 28, 2009

A good hotel for groups, casino is probably the way to kill time at night besides drinking. Welcoming staff and nice breakfast, the fruits are really fresh. Can't really comment on the value cost its a paid-for trip. Overall nice experience. There's another hotel opposite which seems nicer, would like to try that next time.

• Stayed: March 2009
AdrianWilliams, General Manager at Pullman Reef Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

Dear peanuttoe

Thank you for your review. The Pullman is the highest rated 5 star hotel in Cairns and widely regarded as having some of the best rooms available in the city. We are confident that should you stay next time in one of our competitor hotels that you will agree with our assessment.

I do hope to have the opportunity to have you back with use again.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights in July. At first I was nervous since it was a casino, but the rooms were separated enough from any noise. We had a nice view/balcony and the room was very large. The concierge was awesome! So nice and very helpful. The location is great, too.

The pool area is very relaxing and the gym is nice. The pool water was freezing, though!

The hotel is not perfect (if I could give it a 4.7, I would have)...especially since we stayed in the Sofitel in Sydney, so I had high hopes.

One other note...we booked this a while before the trip (but could cancel). We checked the rates closer to our stay and ended up saving ourselves about $400 by canceling the other reservation and re-booking.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jos527

Dear Jos527

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. We agree with you that the Sofitel Wentworth in Sydney is an outstanding hotel and glad that you chose us based on that good experience. We continue to strive for your additional 0.3 points in rating however 4.7 is not too bad either!

I hope to welcome you back when you are next in Cairns.

Reviewed July 5, 2009

You can see why Accor changed this hotel from a Sofitel to a Pullman. It is no longer suitable to carry the Sofitel brand as the rooms are starting to age and cleanliness standards are slipping. It doesn't have the TV channel choices that one would be looking for on holidays, with more of a news and business focus, which fits the Pullman style. The outdoor spa was out of action when I was there and the pool was freezing, but the gym was well-equipped and the in-room spa bath was very welcome. The service ticked all the boxes, but I felt it was a little too impersonal and clinical. Location was great. Certainly would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank TripVisorAustralia

Thank you for your review.

You will be pleased to know that we have since added an increased range of TV channels and a new HD television system. I hope to have you back again when you are next in Cairns

Reviewed July 2, 2009

The rooms are nice at the Reef Casino Hotel and the hotel has a great location. Having said that, I would recommend that you eat elsewhere, because there are many restaraunts outside of the hotel. Be aware that if you choose a breakfast option when booking, it is not prepaid. The room is paid but the breakfast is not, and they charge you when you are checking out. I thought that is was prepaid, but then got the bill when I was checking out. We left early in the morning and was not able to get one of the breafast that was on the bill, so I asked if they could take it off the bill since we did not eat that morning, but they said they couldn't do that. I was dissapointed at that because I could understand if it was already prepaid but the fact that they were asking for the payment then and could not adjust it was dissapointing. The breakfast spread is very nice but no one person could eat all of it, so I would strongly suggest that you have breakfast outside of the hotel and save a lot of money!!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank TexasWorldtraveller

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your check out was not as smooth as you would expect and I have address that with my team. You will be interested to know that we have relaunched our breakfast and now offer a range of fixed priced and a la carte options designed to meet any budget or taste.

I hope to welcome you back to the Pullman again.

Reviewed June 23, 2009

Stayed at the Pullman Reef for 5 nights (with an interim night between, where we stayed at the Green Island Resort) for our honeymoon during 14-20 June. Chose the hotel mainly because I stayed at the Pullman in Bangkok last summer and thought it was fantastic. A bit disappointed with the hotel rooms. Used to the luxury of Asian hotels, this one seemed more of 4* calibre to me. However, staff was very friendly and helpful, particularly the lovely blonde girl (apologies for the label) who usually works in the afternoon shift.

A complimentary bottle of sparking wine was brought up to us soon after checking in. As we checked in twice, we got two bottles!

We stayed at room 507 on the first two nights which has a city view. Balcony is tiny as you can see in the photos so we didn't go out there. On our last three nights, we were in room 521 which had a much bigger balcony with a pool/sea view. If there is only a marginal price difference between the city view and the pool view, I would definitely go for the pool view.

We didn't swim in the pool during our stay as it was too cold but it seemed like a decent size. There is also a small fitness centre on the same floor which appears well equipped.

Though I enjoyed our stay at the Pullman, I might try another hotel if I ever return to Cairns (and I am sure I will!).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LilMissTardy

I am glad to read that you stayed at our sister hotel the Pullman in Bangkok. It is truely a remarkable hotel. Here in Cairns we offer typically Australia service with a terrifically designed hotel reflecting the relaxed Queensland tropics.

I hope that we can have the opportunity to have you back with us again.