The Cairns Hilton is a very good hotel, but where it really shines is in service. All of our interactions were very positive, but the Executive Floor staff team goes above and beyond. We mostly worked with Brandy and Anne, and also a bit with Jemma. They treat you with such consideration and care, and they are consummate professionals.
Most hotels are abandoning top sheets, and when we asked Brandy late in the evening if sheets were available, she promised to handle it straightaway. When we went to the Executive Lounge for breakfast the next morning, Anne immediately asked if we received our top sheets, and we were taken aback that she had been made aware and were impressed that she made the effort to confirm that our needs had been met. Our entire experience mirrored that one example, and set a standard that would make even the Four Seasons envious.
As for the rooms, ours was renovated, with tasteful fittings, very comfortable beds, and plush carpeting. The bath was quite clean, but small and not luxurious. The location at the Marina is ideal and the service was hands-down the best of our Australia travels, so I would absolutely stay there again, even though the room/bath struck me as a four-star standard rather than what I've come to expect of an international five-star.
The hotel was excellent about granting my HHonors elite complimentary upgrade, but if you are not elite with Hilton, I would suggest paying a bit extra for the higher floors, better views, and superb service that come with the Executive rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the Hilton Cairns hotel is the perfect base for exploring the diverse wonders of this truly unique region, famous as the meeting place of two natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage Rainforest. Our modern and inviting Cairns hotel rooms and suites are luxurious oases of comfort and convenience, offering pristine new bathrooms and spacious balconies with views of Trinity Inlet or Cairns Esplanade and the unique cityscape and blue-green mountain ranges beyond. Stay connected with the latest technology in the fully-equipped business centre. Enjoy relaxed, al fresco dining at the award-winning Mondo on the waterfront, or discover authentic italian flavours at Simply Italian. Experience modern, tropical, paradise today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Cairns reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cairns Hotel Cairns
- Hilton International Cairns
- Cairns Hilton International