“Hilton Cairns Australai”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Hilton Cairns
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great location with excellent views if you are overlooking river area. Overall really good place but several areas that need addressing, the free public internet in the bar area was difficult to obtain a connection and the speed was slow. Room was not ready for 2pm and we arrived at 6pm and was still not ready. Took 3 attempts by the breakfast staff to bring us our tea order correct.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear H922HBjohg,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
At Hilton it is vitally important to us that we do receive feedback on our hotel and facilities, whether it is positive or negative, it would be impossible to improve.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed aspects of your stay, particularly the hotels location and views. My sincere thanks for taking the time make us aware of your experience, I do hope that you may return to Hilton Cairns in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
John Lucas| General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,382)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice fittings and fixtures. Bed was comfy. Friendly Team Members. If you enjoy nice cold air-conditioning don't stay here. Balcony/Glass sliding doors were not so clean. Hilton cairns does not live up to the hilton name like it does in the Gold Coast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Joshua G,

I was delighted to read your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Hilton Cairns. As our guest, your feedback about your experience is vitally important to our business.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel and that the team members provided such a memorable experience. I shall pass your comments on to all those concerned who I know truly appreciate receiving such feedback.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights, very pleased with the hotel. Great bed, amenities, view and location. We came to go scuba diving in the reef, this hotel was right next to the harbor where our boat was leaving from. The rooms were very modern and the AC was awesome in the humid tropical region of Cairns. The only downside was the speed of the Wifi, it was unbelievably slow. The staff was helpful and we were very very pleased, very highly recommended.

Dear Adam B,

I am delighted to read your positive comments following your 4 night stay with us at Hilton Cairns with your partner.
Cairns is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and I am happy to read you were able to go diving from Cairns. We are fortunate to be within walking distance to the Reef Fleet Terminal and city hotspots.
It is great to that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us including the views, amenities and service.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton on Saturday night. Check-in was fast and easy, Kim the lady on front desk was great, very professional and polite and let me check in just before 2pm. The room was very clean and tidy. I was a bit disappointed there was no mini bar in the room apparently only the higher floors get that. I was very happy with the beds and pillows, pool area was lovely. I ordered room service, payed $20.00 for Nachos which unfortunately were inedible. You have to pay for parking - $9.00 which isn't too bad.

Room Tip: maybe pay extra and get a higher floor.

Dear Riley1987,

I am delighted to read that your recent stay with us at Hilton Cairns was enjoyable and thank you for posting a review of the hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is great to read that you had a seamless check-in experience and that you received great service from Kim and were able to check-in early. I will be sure to pass your comments onto her. It is great to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including our outdoor lagoon style pool and the signature Hilton luxury bed.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Cairns soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Hilton Cairns was my third Hilton on my Australian swing (see my other reviews for Darwin and Sydney). The quality of the hotel was on par with what you'd expect out of a Hilton and the location along the Esplanade was great. However, as with all the Hilton hotels I stayed at in Australia, the wifi (and even cable internet) was simply horrible. It was like being at a remote Cambodian internet cafe...super slow (if it was working). Not just me, but my friend as well on both his macbook and iPhone. Constantly restarting our computers, turning on and off the wifi.

We did ask the front desk what was up with the wifi and after some discussion they candidly admitted that it was a problem and nearly all the guests have complained about it at one point or another. So wait to try to upload your photos and chat with friends until after your trip!

Pros:
Great quality
Super location

Cons:
Wifi/internet (as noted in the write up)

Would I stay again?
As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I always try to stay with Hilton properties and I recommend to other members to do the same. However, even if I weren't a member I would return to stay at this property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear seth009,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hilton Cairns following your recent stay with us. Your Australian trip sounds quite busy after also visiting Darwin and Sydney.
Your constructive feedback is appreciated and as a Diamond Hilton Honors guest, we were delighted to welcome you to our hotel in Tropical North Queensland.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

One of our favourite restaurants has just relocated to the Hilton so decided to go and stay the night in one of the executive rooms and dine in the hotel. We live in Cairns and thought it would be a nice treat and would not have to even venture out of the aircon for a while. Its very hot and humid here!
We checked in at 3pm and went up to the room. Bit uninspiring and dark. Noticed it was quite warm so turned down the temp and increased the fan. Went out for a walk and came back to exactly the same. Over the years I have been in the public areas, function rooms and restaurant in the Hilton and there have been major issues with the airconditioning. It appears these issues are not resolved. The executive lounge was very balmy too. It was very uncomfortable overnight and not sure how visitors to Cairns not used to the climate would cope.
On a positive note we enjoyed the lounge and the lovely ladies who worked there and I was impressed to see quite a few local products on offer.
I was under the impression there had been a face lift in the rooms, think the rooms and lounge could be brightened up with something appropriate to the tropics.
Dinner was great but again, a bit balmy!

Dear sheenaac,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hilton Cairns on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a night in one of our Executive Rooms on the 9th floor and came to experience Donnini's Simply Italian - a wonderful treat for Cairns locals.
I will be sure to pass on your feedback and especially, your positive comments about the team in the Executive Lounge.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Cairns in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

from check in, you could tell this was going to be a good stay. fast , efficient and friendly, room exactly as requested, most comfortable bed, bathroom is a tad old, with shower in the bath, which i find annoying. gym is great, the exec lounge on level 9 is very good value, in terms of drinks/dinner/brekky. great location and views of the sea are really lovely in the morning. def recommended as one of the best in cairns.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear PeterDorrian,

I am delighted to read such fantastic feedback and thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is great to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and took advantage of our great services and facilities. We are very lucky to offer absolute water frontage, so the views are spectacular, particularly from the 9th floor.
Again I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.