Hilton Cairns
$79
$69
$66
  • Pool
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$110
$91
  • Pool
Park Regis City Quays(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$98
$72
$119
$105
  • Pool
Ibis Styles Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$69
$82
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
$81
$75
$262
$163
Hotwire.com
2,421 results
All reviewsthe executive loungespa roomtrinity inletthe great barrier reefwater viewbuffet breakfasttour deskan upgradeport douglasfantastic locationreef terminalmondogemmabalconyesplanadecasinoconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very accommodating using HH points to get a large room for our family of five. Quick walk to casino, restaurants, etc. Decent HH lounge. Great views of the bay - very tidal. Recommend some fishing between dive trips to the GB reef. Super friendly locals.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Traveller,

Thank for choosing to bring the family on a trip to the Tropical North – it’s great to read that you’ve all enjoyed your stay. I’m pleased you found time to experience the hotel’s convenient waterfront location and managed fishing and diving on the Great Barrier Reef in between.

I hope you’ll have the opportunity to return again.

Yours sincerely John Lucas| General Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friends and I stayed here during our short trip to Cairns and we loved the hotel. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by a friendly member of staff (I believe he may have been called Ritesh). In fact Ritesh was lovely throughout our stay, always remembering us and he was extremely helpful when we had any queries or problems with transport or trips. We booked two king size rooms and they both came with an incredible view over the water and mountains. The rooms themselves were large, clean and very comfortable. The kingsize beds were incredibly comfy and provided a great nights sleep. My only issue was that I could never get the water temperature I wanted - the tap at the sink didn't actually run cold but instead ran slightly warm and the shower was warm but never hot even when turned fully up. However these were minor issues for me and a fridge was provided if I needed to make drinking water cold.

The hotel is ideally located if you are planning on booking a trip to the Great Barrier Reef as the boats depart only a few minutes walk from the hotel. It is also only a short walk to a variety of shops, restaurants and bars. I would have preferred to have free wifi in the rooms but I know is is not standard for Hilton hotels (and almost $15 per day for Internet seemed a bit expensive) but they do offer free wifi downstairs in the lobby. I would be more than happy to stay at the Hilton if I returned to Cairns and I would encourage others to do so too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review following your stay with us at Hilton Cairns. I’m especially pleased to note your commendation of Ritesh and I know he’s very pleased to be mentioned by name. It’s great you and your friends have enjoyed your stay and it sounds like you’ve been busy experiencing the range of attractions available. I hope you have the opportunity to once again escape a UK winter and visit us here in the Tropics.

Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked a King Spa Suite after looking at the pictures online looked nice. But the photos better then the room. The room was small and the spa well only just good for one person. Ordered extra tea bags as they only supplied 2 only got four more and was charged $18.00 Staff were good but overall would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Lots more this class for half the price in Cairns.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AEvansAustralia

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns and I’m sorry to read your experience was not at the expected level. It is our goal to ensure that every guest experience is positive so your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We spent three nights at the Hilton. Good things: the room had an excellent view of the inlet and the gardens below. Very comfortable bed; soft with plenty of pillows and blankets. Most of the staff is very friendly and ready to help. The restaurant had plenty of good choices for breakfast from a full and bountiful buffet to ordering a la carte.

The not so good things: the hotel room seemed a bit dated. Indeed, most of the hotel looks somewhat old and in need of a good scrub and/or paint job. Truth be told, the humidity in Cairns is very high, and it likely takes its toll on the structures, but even the inside of our room needed attention. For example, there was old masking tape that had peeled off and dangled in the bathroom from some previous work, perhaps. The fitness center was extremely limited in the type of equipment. I did not use the pool, but it seemed nice, and it was plenty big.

The main point that really turned me off was the Hilton's hopeless and old policy of charging for Internet service. Those days are over. I am glad that my cell phone had Internet service in Cairns. This was the only hotel during our trip that charged for Internet service (out of 6 4-stars or higher hotels we stayed in.) When requesting Internet service to the front desk even for a day, I was told no. This seems a little greedy on the hotel's part considering that I paid well over $300 a night for the room. Only Hilton members get free Internet service, I was told. For the price of the room, the staff surely could have given me Internet service at least for one day.

This is a hotel with policies stuck in the past. There are better choices in the area, and although the view might be excellent, the value of your stay falls short to the stuck-in-the-past policies that Hilton still lives by. Look around. This hotel was in the end the most expensive I booked and the dead last as far as value for the money is concerned. Not worth it. Look elsewhere. Not worth it at all for what it costs.

It was equally disappointing that the staff did not give me a wake-up call after requesting it. It simply got forgotten.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review via Tripadvisor. I’m sorry to read that you were unhappy with the internet service offered – we do provide complimentary internet in the Hotel Lobby, Business Centre and public areas. Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors members also receive in room wireless internet. It’s great that you have enjoyed our waterfront location and friendly service from the team.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights for a business trip. It was the usual Hilton King Room, beautiful view, spacious bathroom & king bed. Noticed no breakfast buffet restaurants only in room brekkie. Great location, shorl walk to the city centre and situated next to the marina, beautiful views and great dining. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor – it’s great to read that you’ve enjoyed your time with us and highly recommend the hotel. I hope we can welcome you back when next you’re on business in Cairns.