“Hotel Stay in Cairns”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Hilton Cairns
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hotel badly needs a revamp. Door on bathroom not able to be closed. Tired looking furnishings. Great view across estuary made it worthwhile. Staff not very welcoming and did not follow instructions. Instead decided to put fault on me - not a nice way to be treated in a 5 star hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review via Tripadvisor. I appreciate the commentary on the service and room maintenance, the Engineering team have addressed and rectified the fault you identified. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed the convenient location and views across the water.

John Lucas| General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,333)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

In the Cairns city, this was the best place I've stayed or been at. The view of the mountains and water was awesome, something I hadn't seen before. The staff were totally friendly and always ready to help...even when the spa bubbles stopped and we were too cold to get out to press the button, a staff member clued in and did it for us! The kids loved the spa, we must've spent hours in there! The weather has been cool enough that the outdoor spa was perfect! The kids thought it was luxury they could choose their own coloured noodle and drink free water in the lobby. My husband and I enjoyed, but couldn't eat it all, the breakfast. I had wanted to try everything, there was so much choice. The breakfast was close to the most extensive I can remember, which included English, Chinese, Japanese, Australian cuisine. The hotel is an easy walk to the city for meals and entertainment. I would recommend this place to visitors from now on, especially if there is a deal (which we did have). One night isn't enough to notice the attention to details everywhere. Take your own snacks, the mini bar is typically, financially untouchable. If you are not from Cairns, take a walk to the local supermarket and buy all the mini bar items for possibly a quarter of the price. But I guess it's nice to know they're there. I am motivated now to find those pillows...

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose higher up with a water view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
John L, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor.
It is wonderful to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and received a high level of service from the team. For your information the pillows in the hotel are ‘Downey’ pillows.
Your profile shows you are a local and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to celebrate other special occasions.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here with our 3 year old daughter and it was nice, clean and quiet. Breakfast had a good variety and front desk manager was very helpful pointing out things to do for our 3 year old. The only down fall we had were when we arrived the Bell boys were not very helpful but house keeping was polite and the hotel being old we very well maintained.

Dear ElleDownunder,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the on-line questionnaire following your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback.
I hope we may welcome you back to Hilton Cairns in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

During my visit to Cairns, I picked up Hilton hotel as accommodation since a HHILTON member. It was a magnificent building with brilliant lobby, spa, pool and great view to the sea and harbor from the living room. Though we had a small trouble at first (the sink in the bathroom was blocked up and the water didn't flow down), the manager Patrick was so nice and sent someone help fixing it so quickly. Really like the wheel chair, big bed and the facilities are awesome. My best part was to have breakfast and morning tea on the balcony. So comfortable and relaxing, when facing to the sea. Good place to live and I highly recommend it to everybody visiting Cairns, AU.

Dear Panpan Z,

Thank you taking the time to review Hilton Cairns. As a HHonors member, we value your ongoing support and I am delighted that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Hilton Cairns again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Location great right on the water and all the amenities of the city within walking distance. Staff courteous and helpful. Room excellent as was the view. Very handy for the different boat trips out to the reef. Also easy access for trips up into the rainforests and Kuranda. The pool and gymnasium were also very good.

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review via Tripadvisor.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds as though you made use of the central location to visit the surrounding sightsand covered off many of the key attractions.
I hope we may welcome you back again one day.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a great location for us, as we were staying the night before leaving on the morning ferry to Fitzroy Island. It is so close to the wharf. Only a short overnight stay, but enjoyed the hotel. Staff were all pleasant, rooms were very nice. Breakfast was only average (in my view), but was included in the rate so that was nice. Certainly much nicer than the Pacific, where I stayed during my last visit.

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.
I was delighted to read that your stay was enjoyable. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.
I hope we may welcome you back to Hilton Cairns in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our expectations were high being a four and half star hotel. The view from the hotel was excellent and we enjoyed watching the tourists boats departing and arriving each day. The location of the Hotel on the boardwalk was also excellent with a choice of walk way restaurants to choose from. The hotel itself seemed a little tired and could do with a spruce up. Parking was expensive and hard to find if you did not want to use the hotel's parking. Staff were pleasant and service overall was satisfactory.

2  Thank brian-sheppard8

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.
I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and the location, central to tourist attractions and restaurants.
I hope that you enjoyed your time in Cairns and that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.