“Excellent location”
Review of Hilton Cairns

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Cairns
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Right on the waterfront and close to amenities. Room v pleasant, even if we didn't have a waterfront view.good food and excellent staff. Free Internet. Spacious and attractive reception. Pool area v quiet and great for relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review for Hilton Cairns. I’m pleased to read you’ve enjoyed your stay with us, noting the team and food service in particular. I see you are a long way from home but hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Tropical North of Australia when next you travel our way.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Perfect 5 star hotel in an otherwise disappointing locale. I stayed 2 nights, before and after my liveaboard dive trip out of Cairns. So glad I did! I got just the pampering I needed. Terrific staff! Very helpful and always cheerful. I got my room upgraded both times. First, I got an executive level room which got me breakfast and WiFi access (but only in the executive suite). The second visit, I was upgraded to a spa room. Puurfect. For once, I could use the tub AND watch TV at the same time since there was a glass wall between the shower/tub area and the bedroom. Never fear, tho, you can lower the shade for privacy.
My big complaint is lack of adequate WiFi in Australia in general and in one's hotel room, specifically. Whay can't I get WiFi in a 4 -5 star hotel room, gratis? I was traveling on business as well as pleasure, and what a pain to check emails and communicate with colleagues from the lobby!
Lovely, quiet rooms.
Oh, one problem, the area from the elevator to your room is open to the weather. It had rained a bit, and I slipped right in front of my door! Please rough up the tile floor or replace it with non-slip surfaces. I would have been really upset if I'd missed diving because of a serious fall.

Room Tip: Check the web for specials!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JoT-OSU

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review via Tripadvisor for Hilton Cairns. I’m very pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your time here with us. It’s great to read you did some diving at the Great Barrier Reef – one of the world’s best diving locations – I hope you enjoyed the experience. I note your comments regarding Wi-Fi and I can advise readers that we are in the final planning stages of a project to offer a new high speed wireless Broadband solution that will provide fast and reliable connectivity, in the meantime guests can enjoy the free Wi-Fi offered in our lobby. I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Cairns when next you travel to Australia.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This Hilton is in a great location in Cairns, right along the esplanade along the water by plenty of restaurants. It is also walking distance to the piers from where the boats leave for the great barrier reef.
The rooms are very spacious and clean and the beds are very comfortable. The balcony overlooking the inlet has plenty of room for two people to enjoy it comfortably and watch the sunrise over the mountains across the inlet. There are plenty of birds flying about by the pool and outside that you will truly feel like you are in a relaxing tropical atmosphere.
Note however there is construction at a site nearby but there wasn't a lot of noise coming from it (we could only hear noise from the construction on the balcony during the day) and you can't see the construction from the rooms or balconies unless you lean over the railing of the balcony and look straight down to the right.
The staff was very helpful and attentive to all of our needs. The breakfast is a great buffet style breakfast with many options to choose from.
I would definitely recommend this hotel based on its atmosphere, spacious rooms and location.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth it to get a room with a balcony overlooking the inlet. It's such a rel...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Globetrekker,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I’m pleased to read you’ve enjoyed your time with us here in Cairns. It sounds like you’ve been quite active having made great use of the waterfront location and short walk to so much of what this region has to offer. Local authorities have just completed a $20m redevelopment of the Foreshore and the area looks great – there’s play area for the children plus walks pace to sit and enjoy the view. I hope you’ll have the chance to return to Cairns sometime soon and once again enjoy our beautiful surroundings.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a problem with the room, phoned reception, they moved us immediately, and offered free breakfast. If only all businesses were so focused. Someone at the Hilton is very switched on. And the haunaman restaurant is fabulous too.

1  Thank BlueDivePortDouglas

Dear Blue Dive,

Thank you for the Tripadvisor review and for your support as a local visitor. I’m glad to read that your room problems was recognised and resolved quickly – we do pride ourselves on always trying to ‘Make It Right’ if something is amiss. I hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location at the edge of the CBD with beautiful views over Trinity Inlet. Staff are pleasant and friendly.

Our room was tastefully decorated and well equipped. The views were spectacular. The amenities provided in the room were excellent. The bed was comfortable. The opening doors out onto the balcony greatly enhanced the experience and during most of the day provided excellent ventilation such that the airconditioning was not even necessary.

The pool was well situated and clean. Whilst the gym was well equipped unfortunately the stationary bike had broken pedal straps and the buttons for selecting / adjusting the workout were non-functional. The TV on the treadmill likewise didn't work. There was a good selection of fixed and free weights.

The Executive Lounge had a delightful outlook and the staff were helpful, friendly and attentive. The canapes in the evening and breakfast of a morning were both good.

The restaurant Hanuman provided delicious and interesting meals drawing from a variety of east Asian cultures. The wait staff could perhaps have been a little more attentive.

Overall an excellent experience and I will return.

1  Thank OchreSilence
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay here with us, noting the unique location and the friendly team. My apologies for the fault with Health Club machines – these were noted and have since been repaired. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to the Executive Lounge team and we hope we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cairns on your next trip to the Tropical North.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights.
Very well located in the centre of town.
Lovely comfortable room with balcony that is useable and comfortable which is not always the case.
Room is large and comfortable,good lighting and a radio/alarm that I can understand how to use!
There is an internal courtyard gard with an ingenious watering system. The grounds are beautifully kept and the breakfast area looks out over them.The breakfast is extremely good, they have pretty much thought of everything.
The outside restaurant/bar has a totally different feel, but the food is good.

Room Tip: Try and get one overlooking the grounds not the pool. The 20 dollar laundry service is excellent v...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for the hotel review via Tripadvisor. I’m pleased to read that you’ve enjoyed your stay here in Cairns and found the accommodation comfortable and well sized. The balcony that opens from the guest room is well sized and views of the city, the mountains or water are picturesque and relaxing. I see you enjoyed dining in our outdoor Café Bar and Grill, Mondo, this is quite a unique waterfront dining experience for Cairns. I see you’re a long way from home but hope you’ll return again some time to the Tropical North of Australia.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have stayed here quite a few times. Cannot fault the service, the food is absolutely splendid, and the rooms are great. Great location too - in the centre of town, and close to the Casino if one has a big night in mind. This hotel provides good traditional Hilton service that makes me keep coming back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonCairns1, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the review of Hilton Cairns via Tripadvisor. Firstly, my sincere thanks for your ongoing support of the Hilton group and specifically Hilton Cairns. The team and I were very proud to be named as the Best Luxury Accommodation hotel in Tropical North Queensland at recent Tourism Awards and I appreciate your comments which support this win. I look forward to welcoming you back when next you travel our way.