“Good food but lacking in other aspects”
Review of Candy

Candy
Ranked #53 of 667 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We called in for brunch. I thought most places in Australia these days - especially in tourist areas - knew how to make good coffee. This coffee was awful. We have not had such awful coffee since we were last in the UK! The food however was really nice. We had a Chicken Salad, BLAT and chips, and all were very good. We also noted our table was dirty, and the tables next to us were not wiped down between customers.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Visiting Cairns and needed a quick breakfast. Friendly service and decent enough food. Staff need to make sure that they accurately charge customers. I was nearly charged $10 more than what my meal cost and my friend’s wife’s meal almost wasn’t included in their bill. Slight oversight but no harm.

Some staff need to dress more practically - clothing for a nite-club isn’t appropriate.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I have visited this cafe a few times over the last 2yrs, always on a Sunday.
The service is always polite but give a sense of being new to the venue.
The coffee is lovely and the food is well presented and does not disappoint. If you have a sweet tooth, try the pancakes.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I use to come here all the time when I was younger so I decided to go for breakfast there as it’s been a while, but it was very disappointing. My pancakes were drowning in maple syrup and my sautéed mushrooms and spinach had way too much oil. I was looking forward to a nice breakfast with my girlfriend but was unfortunately let down.

On a more positive note, the staff were lovely and very helpful which was nice.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across Candy while looking for a nice comfortable brunch spot.
Lovely healthy meals options and great excellent coffee.
Friendly welcoming staff.