“Wonderful breakfast”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Great service and fantastic food. Will be eating here more often and will absolutely bring my guest along

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I'd heard a couple of bad reviews of this place, so avoided it - despite liking the quirky story-book look of the place. Turns out I should have ignored those reviews.

Our table of six all loved our breakfasts. I'd recommend the Bubble and Squeak - a vegie mash with toast, egg, avocado, garlic mushrooms and salsa. There's a lot of intriguing stuff on the menu though, so I might go for something different next time.

Coffee wasn't the best I've had, but it was decent. A friend complained that his was burned.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

People that work there are SO nice. A friend and I met there one morning for breakfast and came back 2-3 times in addition because of the free wifi with purchase, the service, and the food was soooo good! Give these guys your business!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Coming from Sydney, I was extremely excited to see a funky new Cafe to try out in my new homeland. A lover of good food and all things pretty this place looked good to me! And once inside I was not disappointed. Their whimsical fairytale garden theme was perfect from every detail. The faux greenery makes the and mood lighting made feel as though I had drifted away from reality. One funny thing that makes me decide if I am impressed or not is if a restaurant serves you water, strange I know! I've been to numerous restaurants that forget to bring water out upon asking and it really bugs me. But they didn't fail, we were served with water! There were so many scrumptious looking things on the menu. My friends chose an amazing looking ice coffee and I chose one of the fresh juices that had quirky names to match the theme. I got the french toast with poached pears and the presentation was creative and fun. The vibe had a hip, relaxed atmosphere. Oh the 'eye Candy' I titled this... there is a very nice looking lad serving coffees... worth the look I say!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

As much as anywhere I guess, restaurants and cafes in Cairns come and go at a rapid pace.

Candy has been on the Grafton Street Cafe strip since December 2011, and if they keep doing what they are doing there is nor reason why they won't be around for a long time to come!

The menu is both quirky and innovative, the staff are efficient and friendly - a rarity in Cairns - but most importantly the food tastes awesome.

My latest breakfast order exemplifies their creativeness - called "Duck Duck Goose" on their menu it consisted of shredded dug leg confit on top of zucchini fritters, topped with a poached egg (perfectly cooked) and a dollop of a sweet beetroot jam! Pure Awesomeness.