“Good food, but slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Stratford Deli

Stratford Deli
Ranked #23 of 26 Dessert in Cairns
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A friendly cafe serving fresh, tasty food with great, friendly service. Light lunches, many vegetarian & gluten-free options. Eat in or takeaway. Located in Stratford Village, 10 minutes from Cairns centre. Eat at sidewalk tables, in the airconditioned dining room or in the tropical covered courtyard. Excellent catering also available.
Cairns, Australia
“Good food, but slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've always liked the food that I get at Stratford Deli, but it's the front counter service that is severely lacking. The guy is friendly enough, but talks WAY too much. That's all well & good when you haven't got other customers waiting to be served, but when there is, it's just plain rude.

• Visited July 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Breakfast was yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Service was friendly and prompt with a smile. I ordered breakfast for one and the sitting area out the back was really peaceful. I enjoyed the meal and the coffee.

• Visited June 2013
Cairns
“Appalling service, appalling drinks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee and hot chocolate. The tables were dirty, uneaten food and crumbs left on tables. Coffee was warm. Hot chocolate was only tepid. This place has,been left to run down. Service less than terrible. Save your money.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank dragonflycairns
Gail G, Manager at Stratford Deli, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
I was distressed to read your review posted 18/05/13. As we are a suburban cafe we understand the importance of looking after our local customers.
Obviously you were not happy with anything. I hope you informed the staff of your opinion, as I am sure they would appreciate your feedback.
We aim to provide good service, tasty food and good coffee. We regularly get great compliments from our customers, but even one bad experience is one too many.
I will discuss your comments with my staff, to ensure this will not happen again.
Cairns
“Good food, pity about the service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Chose to have lunch at the Deli last Sunday. The 3 meals we ordered were delicious but the wait service was pathetic. The service would make me look for other options.

• Visited May 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Good food, good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Weve eaten twice in the Stratford deli now and enjoyed it very much both times. It's ideal for breakfast or lunch and also sells takeaway food. The baked beans in the big Aussie breakfast my husband had were homemade, it's not all organic hummus on sourough toast and eggs benedict (which I had and very tasty too!)