“The BEST Cairns has to offer!!!!”
Review of Krokodillos - CLOSED

Krokodillos
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I am one of the lucky ones who live in Yorkey's Knob and luckily am able to enjoy Krokodillos' creations as often as possible. The staff at Krokodillos, especially Sarah and Justin, are simply amazing and they always make my culinary experience complete with their great and friendly service. I have eaten at Krokodillos many times and every single time my meal was from very high quality. The ingredients are always fresh and prepared to perfection. I guess it is one of those restaurants where you can feel the chef's passion for food in his dishes. Krokodillos' Pizzas are the BEST you can find in Cairns. "The Pacino" is to die for and the way the Italian Pizzaiolo makes the dough thin and crispy, is delicious. I have eaten myself through the menu and my favourites are the curries (Jamaican Beef Curry and the Mauritian Seafood Curry). The Steaks are always cooked to perfection, too, as well as Krokodillos's weekly specials. I am originally from France so I had to try Creme Brullee, my absolute favourite dessert ever...and I truly have to say that this is by far the BEST I ever had. The chef is truly a genious!

Krokodillos is truly a gem!

2  Thank Claudia C

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had some friends come up for Brisbane; I've been in Cairns 18 months now and had a few people recommend Krokodillios, so took my friends there. It's in the little shopping centre out at Yorkeys Knob which was quite peaceful and the deck gave it a groovy vibe. Was welcomed like an old friend by Sarah, and this fantastic dining experience started from there. Looking around at the other diners I could tell there were more than a few locals who clearly loved the place - knew what they wanted to order and then ate it with gusto. One friend and I had the scallops for entree, my other friend the duck spring rolls. We saw a pork belly get delivered to another table and we couldn't help ourselves - we all had to have it! I have to say, the food was some of the best I've ever had and I can't believe it has taken me 18 months to visit Krokodillios! Plus my friend who is a creme brulee junkie had to try it and she couldn't stop raving about it. Everything was great, the food and the staff. Saw heaps of deliveries going out the door too - apparently they delivery locally to Yorkeys Knob - lucky residents, the food is clearly amazing and the delivery driver was a bit of alright too! ;) Highly recommend the place!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Krokodillos is located in a small shopping centre in Yorkey's Knob 15 minutes drive north of Cairns. From it's location it looks like a low-standard cafe but the food there is really high quality and uses unusual ingredients. Staff are very friendly too. This is a real 'gem' if you are in the area and can get past the unpromising location.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent service and great food. Interesting position in the local shopping centre car park but the atmosphere is very relaxing. We both had the lamb which was yum and then we had the Creme Brulee for dessert which was amazing. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Good food, great service little gem didnt expect to find this in a car park, never judge a book by its cover