“rip off”

Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

waste of a day out' because jim did not catcth enough bait. thought he would run out off bait. so moved to a spot where there were no fish, smart one jim should have demanded our money back

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Margaret H

“Give Jim a call, he "Will" put you onto fish and guide you right through the bite until the fish is in the boat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent Guide and a purpose built boat that gets you there in comfort and speed. Jim's knowledge of the target fish is amazing. He knows where they are and will give you the very best chance of catching that "fish of a lifetime" Jim looked after my 9 y/o daughter with the patience and guidance that saw her landing more than a few fish. For me a huge King Salmon and some quality Fingermark will ensure my family will also enjoy our charter with "Gone Fishing" Charters as all of these fish are prized table fish. I highly recommend this Charter to everyone!!!

Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“A learning experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a good morning out with Jim, just the two of us on the boat. went and collected bait efficiently and we were off and fishing ten minutes later. Jim put us on fish in the first spot we anchored up in. Within 5 minutes there was a solid queenfish in the boat,an estuary cod and we missed a few strikes from Barra, but that was our own fault. We moved around about 4-5 times trying everything from snags, to deeper water, but there was not much around due to the tides on the day... But hey thats fishing. We ended the morning with a big 30kg shovelnose shark, whick was disappointing (only because we thought it was a big GT)... Was exciting nonetheless and provided our canadian friend with some great photos.. All in all a good day and a good operator, will be fishing with Jim again soon, as I am a local.

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Waste of money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Total rip off don't waste your money. There were 5 people on the boat & no one had a bite all day. No food or drinks provided & despite no one having a bite we moved spots only 3 times and only within about 1 km of each spot. ? Saving money on fuel.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Ruby10107
Cairns, Australia
“Good trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Did 1/2 day trip on my birthday. We love fishing but have not fished for years due to other commitments. Thanks to JIm we experienced seeing real fishing in action as he had to reel in 12 kg Great Trevally. I'm sure he was joking when he asked me to take over. Besides a young sting ray, there was a smallish catfish caught, but the take home prize was blue salmon that I managed to land almost by myself. That was the fish we took home and had for dinner. Excellent morning doing it 'soft'! Jim has the knowledge and professionalism to make the experience worthwhile to anyone no matter what level of experience they have.

Visited February 2013