“Wonderful Japanese food right in Cairns”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Matsuri

Matsuri
Ranked #116 of 596 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mittagong, Australia
“Wonderful Japanese food right in Cairns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Two special box A's made a very substantial meal for two. We would definitely go there again if we were in Cairns. Well worth a try.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank HelenS45

“The worst dining experience in Cairns”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I don't mind paying reasonably high price, but the food quality of this restaurant does not deserve!
High price, poor food quality, extremely long waiting time, no service at all because all staff needed to rush into the kitchen to help. I would recommend all my friends to blacklist this restaurant whoever want to visit Cairns.

2 Thank Carmenxyz
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A long wait, but food's not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wow - the other reviewers weren't kidding about the long wait. When we turned up, there were only 3 other tables occupied. And to be fair, we were warned that any sushi / sashimi would take at least half an hour - I'm not 100% sure, but it seemed like the sushi chef was busy entertaining some Japanese guests, so everyone else had to wait. The food was not too bad, but definitely not anywhere near the best I've had.

1 Thank Luluuu
Cairns, Australia
“Sweet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and it has always been good. I had meal number 4 tonight, wafer thin sliced cold pork on a bed of noodles with cucumber and onion, good sauce too. Try it, cute venue too.

1 Thank Ambienceisimportant
Richmond Hill Ontario
“Biggest dining dissapointment so far in Aus”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant tonight as it was close to our hotel and the menu looked good. Turns out I made an error in judgement.

It is a "cafeteria' style eatery where you order and pay in advance. After waiting over 45 minutes for our meals, I asked how much longer it would take (they were busy, but not packed) - shortly I was assured.

My wife's meal arrived 5 minutes later with cold chips and medium warm chicken. My meal did not arrive until 10 minutes after that (my wife was almost done eating). The table beside us (that ordered 25 minutes after us) was served before mine.

My food, despite the hour wait, was tasty and warm. The staff was apologetic but could have mitigated the situation by just bringing out the miso soup earlier (we were starving).

If you are hungry, or in a rush, I suggest you look at other options in town.

1 Thank CaptainCanuck66