“Expensive Beer!!!”

Bavarian Beerhouse
Ranked #166 of 596 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: German, Bar, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Expensive Beer!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

A couple of 500mL beers to start appeared as $12 each on the bill!! Wine which was Australian was dreadful but cost over $30 per bottle! The meal ordinary... the roast pork beautiful and tender but served with Sauerkraut and potatoes plus the beef cheeks with same cost us over $140!! Very expensive for just a main meal and some Garlic bread. Have had better German and Bavarian food.

Thank Riverina Leadli... R

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Darwin, Australia
“Watch what you are ordering”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had an interesting time at this place, the beers fine but keep an eye on what you are ordering
I ordered a Weissmuller and enjoyed it so much I ordered another but got a completely different beer... A pilsener..hmmm.
Upon querying this I was told that perhaps the waiter didn't understand me or got the order confused.
So upon checking the beer menu, which is extensive, I decided to go into the bar to discuss the various beers with the barman, it was the middle of the day so there were very few people around.
Having chosen a tap beer I was making my way back to my seat outside when I noticed the barman get a stubby out of the fridge......hey, I thought I was getting a tap or draft beer!
In fact, I assumed all the beers listed were draught beer, I certainly don't go to a bar to drink a stubby at 3 times the price I can get it at BWS. There was nothing to distinguish between draft and bottled beer on the menu, well not that I noticed anyway
So just be a little wary.....make sure you know what you are getting, otherwise the beer is good and served in proper German beer glasses

Carrara, Australia
“It has moved and the food has slipped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I loved this restaurant before it moved , so I went looking this time around what a disappointment , service has gone the servings are half the size they were and the quality is not the same.
Last time a bottle of wine was $20 now it's way over 30 .
The food is not what it was , nothing like it at all so between bad service and ordinary Food I would not recommend it any more , plenty of better choices in Cairn.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“MOST EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is so good we went two nights. Fantastic authentic Bavarian food. Huge steins of beer or cidar if you wish. Ate the Pork Knuckle with saurkraut and mash followed by Black Forest dessert and a Glaciereis chaser. Fantastic. If you are in cairns you absolutely have to go there

Visited October 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
“Great beer. Ridiculously overpriced food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pretty cool location on the esplanade, great selection of beer at good prices, but the food.... Wow.
"Crumbed & Fried Camembert cheese" for $12.90 came out as one piece of cheese. (Ill attach photo). We were laughing!
Anyway, pretty average overall experience. Better places close by.