“will be coming back”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

we came here after another local restaurant didn't serve us enough food on our plate! I've NEVER liked mash potatoes, BUT, my goodness, I'm coming back here for some more! They were delicious! Only regret is that I didn't have my kids there to share it all with! The beer selection is great, although I got something different to what I ordered. I still drunk it, noting to next time speak more clearly. We liked the atmosphere which was such a mix of locals, travellers and older couples enjoying a wine and a meal. Wish the place was much much bigger.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

An excellent atmosphere & superb German food made this my favourite meal when i stayed in Cairns. The pork knuckle roast was gigantic & could have fed 3 people. As it was my partner & myself ate nearly all of it except for some saurkraut & i had a small lager beer although most of the patrons were drinking beer in the giant 1litre stein's. Restaurant was very busy & my partner & i were lucky to get a table without a reservation so if u plan on going there i strongly suggest u reserve a table.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I eat out regularly (at least 2 - 3 times a week) and the Bavarian Beer House is one of our regular haunts

The food is always delicious - and traditional (my parents are German) and the portions are huge!

Excellent selection of beers and friendly staff, although if I'm honest they could do with another waitress or 2...

2 locals that will continue to come back

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This place is under rated on Tripadvisor.
We are huge fans of good German food and were very pleased with our experience at the Bavarian Beerhouse. We first stopped in at the Beerhouse for an appetizer and beer. The beer selection is very good including several varieties of imported German beer including my favorite, Erdinger Hefewiezen. We order the garlic bread and hot pretzels for the kids and really enjoyed sitting at an outside table. The waitresses are beautiful German girls who are friendly and do an excellent job of keeping the food and drinks coming. We had reservations for dinner somewhere else that night but returned the next day for lunch to try out the food. I ordered the Pork Swiensaxen (pork shoulder) which was excellent! The meal is described as XL (extra large) and it certainly was that. The pork was beautifully cooked with crisp crackling and juicy meat. The pork was placed on top of a bed of delicious mash potatoes and sauerkraut. M wife had the Jaegerschnitzel mit spaetzle and thought is every bit as good as jaeger she had had in Germany. The combination of great service and great food at the Bavarian Beerhouse will keep us coming back!!

1  Thank Valhalla24
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Friendly little bar. nice people, good range of import drinks, had a nice wheat beer and a chat with German waitress

1  Thank Stewart R