Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM

from $154.22
from $152.13
from $116.54
2,303 results
All reviews sky rail cape tribulation cable car train ride barron falls kuranda skyrail diamond view scenic railway freshwater station daintree river cruise day trip port douglas bbq lunch fruit rainforest journey carriage
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was a lovely train trip. We went up from Cairns and my children loved it! The diesel smell was a little strong a few times when going through tunnels, but that cleared quickly and the fresh mountain air was lovely. We had some lovely views and the waterfall made my children gasp.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went up to Kuranda and back by Skyrail today and it was Fantastic! Firstly I got there early at about 0830 and was able to get straight onto the cable car 15 mins early..there were no queues and I got the car all to myself , so peaceful up in the air on my own ...
It was school holidays so I was very surprised by this !
All the staff I encountered were very friendly and pleasant. The two stops on the way were great, although I’d like to see the Barron Falls when they have lots of water running down..it’s been a bad winter for rain.
In Kuranda itself it was surprisingly charming with a lovely old railway station and heaps of cafés and arts/crafts/gifts shops plus the three animal parks to visit so I called Skyrail and asked for my ticket to be changed so I could have an extra 2 hours there, the lady did this on the phone easily !
So the parks were all,good, I loved the butterfly one best...
Had a delicious Mango smoothie at the very friendly Frogs Café where I was delighted to find a large lizard under my chair who was quite happy for me to get close and take photos.
On the way back there were more people for the cable car but the staff still didn’t overcrowd the cars, they actually hold 6 but they were putting just 3 or 4 in each which was nicer.

So yes, I highly recommend this tour and I didn’t think it was overpriced either.
One thing I’d say is though that I enquired on line about the special open top canopy cruiser option but they said this is not available as it’s school holiday time ..not sure why this would be ..

Also there is a ‘diamond’ option where the cable car has a transparent floor but I’m. It sure that this would be that much better to be honest..

In summary..loved it and what a Great day out for adults or children alike.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The cable cars over the rainforest were amazing, never seen anything like it ever and would do it again!! My friend and I were given a ranger tour by Fred who taught us about the fauna of the forest and he was an amazing guide and made the whole experience fantastic!!

Would recommend to anyone :D

Date of experience: September 2019
DUT_Marketing, Digital Marketing at Down Under Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Kayla G,
Thank you for your review – we are so glad to hear you had a great day visiting Kuranda via the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Kuranda Scenic Railway!
It is an amazing rainforest experience and the views are spectacular! We definitely recommend to take the complimentary scheduled ranger-guided boardwalk tour at Red Peak Station as you did - it is definitely worth it to learn so much more about the intricacies of this tropical eco-system.
Thank you again, and we hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your holiday!
Safe travels

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have lived in Far North QLD a couple of years now but had never done the sky rail and Kuranda train so I thought, why not do it now.
I had no idea how good it was going to be.
The skyrail part took an hour to get to Kuranda. I thought it would be about a 20 minute journey. We had 2 stops en route, one to view Barron Gauge.
At Kuranda I wandered around for a couple of hours then had lunch in the Kuranda pub before boarding the train to Freshwater.
Again, I suspected the train ride would be about half an hour but it was 1.5 hours long and well worth the ride.
At Freshwater, the Down Under Tours bus picked me up and took me back to my car at the skyrail.
Brilliant day out.

Hi midgybabe,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review – It is great to get out and explore your own backyard, and we are glad to hear you had such a great day visiting Kuranda via the Skyrail and Scenic Rail!

Thank you for choosing to travel with us!
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I highly recommend this company and their tours. Bridget was our tour guide for the day and she instantly made us feel so welcome, her bright smile and warm personality showed that we were in great hands, she shared so much knowledge and information about the culture and the beautiful land. Bridget you were an absolute super star... thank you so much for all the time and care you took in making all our trip so wonderful!

Hi brittanyh667,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review – we are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful day on our Cape Tribulation and Daintree tour with Bridget!
I will pass on your wonderful feedback to Bridget and the team! Bridget is a valued member of our team and truly loves sharing her knowledge of this beautiful region with our passengers.

Thank you for choosing to travel with us and we hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your holiday!
Safe travels,