“XC heaven!”

Cairns Mountain Bike Tours
Ranked #47 of 159 Tours in Cairns
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Downhill, All-Mountain, Enduro and Cross Country fully equipped guided tours. Mountain Bike Hire also available for self-guiding. Located just 200 metres from the Cairns World Cup Mountain Bike Park.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“XC heaven!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had a great morning out with Graham on the XC option. The bike was well suited to me and the Smithfield conservation park has some great trails. Graham even made sure I got to my flight afterwards by driving me to the airport - above and beyond the call of duty. Only issues..........don't head out there after lots of beers the night before (I had a dive tour party and felt pretty rough so found the going quite hard)! On a more serious note, if you're on public transport from Cairns the shop is a little difficult to get to (maybe the website should have directions including bus details??) but that pays off by being right next to the trails.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was keen to go for a ride whilst on holidays and couldn't have asked for more. I met Graham at the shop and had a really nice coffee while getting the bike set up for me. We took off and were on the trails as soon as we crossed the road. Graham lead the way and we did a small loop to start. Once He got an idea of my fitness and capability, He planned the ride from there.

I had a fantastic ride with some challenging climbs and heart pumping descents.

It was a real ride for real riders.

Planning to come back soon for Mountain Biking Holiday with Cairns Mountain Bike Tours.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Scotties MTB Day Out”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

These guys have a new shop less than 100 m from the start of the trails. Great location! Next Graham sussed out my skill level and fitness and tailored the day around me one on one and I should say this was the XC tour. Once out on the track he also offered me some take it or leave it drops on the track. A little bit of coaching and over the lip I went. Yeehaaa! The trails are fantastic and varied. The berms are flowing and grippy. I did find the humidity really tough coming from sunny Scotland. There is no doubt in my mind that Graham will give you a tour of the trails that will be a great memory into the distant future. Cheers guys! Mike

Wellington, New Zealand
“A kiwi point of view”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I consider myself an experienced rider and Graham quickly tuned into the level of riding that I wanted to do. The bike was well maintained and well specced. I did the "XC" trails in the park. I enjoyed the contrast between flowy man made tracks through to steeper technical lines. I hope Cairns continues the development of this MTB park! If I get back to Cairns I'd certainly meet up with Graham for a pedal.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been riding for a few years now, and just wing able to ride the old World Cup tracks whiles over here was amazing. although a little bit pricy, it was well worth it

1 Thank Cabell3321