“Rude staff” 1 of 5 bubbles

Perrotta's at the Gallery
Ranked #34 of 592 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cairns, Australia
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Really disappointed with our visit to this cafe today...we arrived at 2:45pm looking for a quick lunch (lunch service ended at 3pm) no staff on the floor so I approached the counter where a blonde waitress was making a coffee. She is clearly incapable of doing 2 things at once, as when I said hello, how are you? she very quickly told me she would be with me in a minute, with a look of 'I don't want to serve you' on her face, then when I politely asked if we could still get some lunch, she said 'i said, I will be with you in a minute' (I'm in the hospo game, and know how easy it is to say, sure guys, grab a seat, I'll be right with you, while smiling, when heating milk at the coffee machine) there was also only one other table in the restaurant so not as though they were busy. The next waitress was also surly and rude...we were not made to feel welcome at all so we got got up and left. Service was disgusting...shame really as used to be such a nice spot.

“Good coffee. Occasionally hit and miss menu.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We have dined at Perottas many times. The location is central and convinient and provides an excellent view for people watching. The service can range depending on the staff and the number of customers. The coffee has always been of a high standard. We have had very ordinary lunches here as well as some very enjoyable ones. One such lunch included a chicken burger of such a low standard that the quality of which would have been better at McDonald's. However on the contrary we have also been served the most exquisite dinner here that we have ever had in far North Queensland. We do enjoy our visits to Perottas and will continue to dine here regularly.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Cairns
“Most 'Bankable' Restaurant in Cairns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Perotta's is the most bankable restaurant in Cairns. It's always busy and is a great place for people watching over breakfast or lunch. The service is great and the food is very good. I recommend the Chilli Salt Squid Salad for AU$19. You won't be disappointed. If you are dining at Perotta's for breakfast then make sure you order a Sweet Potato Hash Brown on the side.

Visited January 2013
Perth Austalia
“Shame about the staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I had breakfast here three times over the Christmas break. I agree with the previous reviewer the chairs are not designed for comfort or to encourage a long stay. The food was really good, each day I tried something different and wasn't disappointed. My partner had the same meal and said its was delicious, the coffee was great and the setting pleasant. What let Perrotta's down was the staff, surly and off hand and very quick to tell everyone that they were busy. When paying I had to request an itemised account and wait while staff chatted to each other.
Overall food good, service not so good which was unfortunate.

“Service is terrible!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Staff are very rude and stuck up! Make you feel very uncomfortable and are not very attentive. After finishing our meal, we kindly asked if we can please get the bill. The waiter says yes then leaves us sitting at our table with having no intentions of getting it. She could have replied with a simple "you pay at the counter" but instead she left us sitting there for a good 20 mins like lost idiots. It's a nice atmosphere but need a new set of staff!

• 2 of 5 bubbles