“Fave brekkie place in Cairns- a must visit!!”

Perrotta's at the Gallery
Ranked #28 of 624 Restaurants in Cairns
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Love Perottas for coffee and especially for breakfast. It has long been the frontrunner for coffee in Cairns, in recent years more newcomers have given more variety but I always go back to Perottas when I am In Cairns. Very cool veranda setting off the art gallery which is funky and has a great vibe. Highlights are the french toast with vanilla poached pear, king island yoghurt and raspberry caramel- it is fabulous, wish I could have it for dessert right now! If you are in a savoury mood the baked eggs are gorgeous (have the one with chickpeas and italian sausage- awesome!), so too the benedict with lime hollandaise (a nice twist), and the three egg frittata with capers, fetta, avo and smoked salmon- another one I crave alll the time as it is so good, and fits the bill when I am trying to be healthy (sans buttery ciabatta of course!) See you in the morning Perottas!

Reviewed May 19, 2011

This place has it all, we spent a week in cairns and tried loads of restauarants, that were over priced and tasteless. Until we found Perrottas on the corner! We ended up eating there for the next four days, every experience was spot on in every way. These guys have got what it takes, thank you so very much

1  Thank Caryn32
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Food was really good !
Bruschetta was probably the best one in Cairns!
Carbonara... what a authentic delicious thing !!!

Service, however, was like going to the teenage own cafe.
Boys and Girls chit chatting. Probably forgetting that there are customer...
Tried to get some attention coz waiter gave us lemonade which we didn't order..
Since we order Sparkling water, I thought that was mine and I had some sip.
After 5 mins of ignoring me(swear Boys and Girls are staring at my way), one of the girl finally realized what boy did.
Boy came to table, grabbed our drink (No apology), tried to serve the touched lemonade to table next us...
Asked for Linguine, spaghetti came out.
Asked for small size, large size came out(and charged).

shame....
awesome chef.... not so awesome wait staff...
I'll miss the food.

1  Thank COCO0309
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I loved this restaurant from the first time I tried it. The setting is beautiful, on a patio outside the Cairns Gallery. I lived in Cairns for 5 years and continued to go back to Perottas, usually for dinner but it is also a great option for lunch. I have not tried their breakfast, so I can't really say anything about that. I have never experienced anything but good service, and their tuna is the best bar none. I have never found a place that serves a better tuna than Perottas. And the bread is really delicious.

2  Thank ssprong
Reviewed December 16, 2010

After a good walk around the city specifically looking for somewhere for a late breakfast Perrottas looked the only non-backpacker spot. Lots of locals on a large deck next to the gallery....
Not disappointed - good and fast coffee, water etc. Really good crepes and fruit juices. The menu overall included the usual suspects, but a few interesting specialities.
All in all very good cafe quality food, fast service and pretty cheap.