“OK food with expensive price tag”
Review of Macaron - CLOSED

Macaron
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We enjoyed morning tea at Macaron last week. There is a good variety of macarons and desserts to choose from. The service was very disappointing and the staff seemed very disorganised. The food was good but probably not worth the $ that they charge.

2  Thank Disney2007

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stopped in at Macaron's for a quick bite and a drink with a friend. I ordered two cakes, a coffee, a tea and a croissant. First off, it took me about 8 minutes to pay for it because the women who served me got 'stuck' on the phone with 'the boss' instead of just putting him on hold and finishing off my order. So then, the other waitress came. I told them 3 times NOT TO MICROWAVE the croissant and put it in an oven instead. 2 minutes later, he it arrives - a microwaved croissant. Very hot inside and barely warm outside. It's a shame because I've been working in restaurant for years and can differentiate between a microwaved food and warmed up from an oven. The macaroon and chocolate cake were ok but the tea was very, very sweet. I wonder if they put sugar into it. The white tea pot itself was a mess. Dirty from the chocolate and probably the waitress' fingerprints when dealing with our cakes. I cannot believe she served it to me like that without even realizing it's dirty on the outside! The tables were wobbly and the decor is rather average. In overall, we weren't impressed and not sure if we will be back.

3  Thank ilovecurlews
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I went for the macaron thinking the shop would be as fabulous as the macaroon shop in The Rocks Sydney and is wasn't.

Very limited selection of pastries. The display case was disgusting, the racks the macaroons were on were dirty. The macaroons themselves were weird, blue colored green tea flavor, green colored milo flavor. That chef must have been on acid, blue green tea? Not to mention they were flavorless and tasted like the fridge. Certain that gunk must have been an old tomato left in the corner of the fridge. Horrible. The Danishes were flat at a tac, tasty but deflated.

The atmosphere was average. Hit and miss decor, not the self declared patisserie - was probably the Cottees brand ice cream toppings on display (not really French). No consistency in theming, they must have styled this place using Pintrest.

Don't waste your time, it's worth spending money on flights and getting the real deal from Sydney.

3  Thank CairnsLover00
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Best dining culture in Cairns. Wickedly Devine cakes and lunch items. GOOD size serve at a reasonable price, which seems rare to find both! Quick service, very clean and transparent kitchen-see who's making your lunch :)

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Wow! My niece suggested we have Sunday brunch at the cafe next door but they were full. Looked at the menu here and decided to give it a try. What we didn't expect were the huge servings of very yummy food! The eggs were perfectly cooked, bacon crisp, lots of toast and a divine hollandaise.
Next time we'll share though...