“Fantastic experience”

Fitzroy Island Sea Kayaking
$134.74*
Small-Group Canyoning Experience from Cairns or Northern Beaches
More attraction details
Owner description: Raging Thunder has been taking thrill seekers White Water Rafting in North Queensland since 1984, and we offer 3 different levels of excitement .... 1) BARRON rafting is a afternoon trip perfect for those who have never rafted before, or want a fun afternoon close to Cairns .... 2) TULLY rafting is a full day adventure on the Tully River, regarded as the best rafting location across both Australia and New Zealand, no prior experience is necessary .... 3) XTREME rafting pumps up the adrenaline running a custom raft adventure for small groups of confident swimmers on the Tully River, rafting with our most experienced senior guides you will encounter extra challenges such as rock jumping, rapid swimming and raft surfing.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I took my brother and partner rafting while in cairns. The experience they provided was fantastic. I would highly recommend this company. We did the extreme rafting which was only $30 more. This meant we had smaller sized groups and a lot more fun.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Rafted the Tully river (extreme) on the 28/12 with Maddog 'Macca' the boss skipper had fun floating down the rapids. Great way to meet other travellers and make new friends! Price included lunch and all transfers to the river, so when you think about the convenience it's pretty good value I thought.

1  Thank Ozoneadventures81
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My friend and I did this activity and it was really good. Our day started at 4.15am for pick up from our accommodation and then around one hour trip to (?) Mareeba valley. Our captain was very professional and I am not a fan of heights but surprisingly, the crew's demeanor made feel relaxed and enjoyed the whole trip. It was so magical to seen the rising sun as the hot air balloon gently floats over Mareeba valley.

1  Thank Vicmonte
Raging_Thunder, Manager at Raging Thunder Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hi there,
So glad to hear the staff helped to make your morning enjoyable.
Thanks for flying with Raging Thunder Balloon Adventures and thank you for taking the time to review the tour.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was my first time to do rafting and I had the best experience ever! Staff were very professional and friendly. Bus will pick you up from your accommodation. Then you will have around two hour bus ride to Tully river. The rafting is around five hours including lunch. Our captain, a Welsh guy named Rob (sorry I was not able to get his full name) was great. He said he has been rafting in this river for just two months but he was very knowledgable of the river rapids and (?) drop. He knew that I did not have any (and most of the members of our team) rafting experience but we rafted like pros! He was so patient with all of us. He even made the raft literally stand (vertical) at the end of our journey. He was extremely professional and he was really fun to be with. I am sure, girls will like him more because of his charm, which is a bonus :)

1  Thank Vicmonte
Reviewed January 1, 2014

An awesome day out! The bus trip to the Tully River takes a while, but the time still went quickly. Our rafting guide was very experienced and gave us instructions, and off we went. My husband was apprehensive, but he was grinning in all of the photos. The rapids are an adrenaline rush, but not too scary. Don't be afraid, give it a go. The level of safety is impeccable, with precautions taken at all times. Sausage sizzle lunch - not fancy, but did the job. I will definitely do this again when I am next in Cairns. Thanks Raging Thunder.