“Great fun!!!”

Paradise Sport Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sport fishing tour specialising in Live Bait Fishing!
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Thanks John for such a wonderful morning fishing with you. First we were shown how to catch our own bait, and then the wonderful bird - a heron I think - joined us for part of the journey on the bow of the boat. He obviously knew his guaranteed food supply, with no work involved.
After a tour of the inlet and lots of history, down to the serious stuff and the thrill of (with John's help!!!!) catching a very good size barramundi. What a thrill for Southerners catching a completely different kind of fish and such a big one at that.
On the way back to the mooring John was told there was a croc basking on the water's edge and then took us to see it.
It was a really great morning and we both enjoyed it immensely.

All reviews
"trophy fish"
"caught plenty"
"great captain"

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good half day trip introducing you to fishing in far north QLD. John puts you on the spots that allow opportunity to catch many of the great variety of fish on offer.. John is a great captain, plenty of knowledge and great with beginner angler (i had my father in law over from the UK - needed lots of John's help)... Cant think of a better way to spend half a day in Cairns..

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Had an incredible time fishing with John! He was super enthusiastic, friendly and a great instructor! He knew loads of information about heaps of fish, the area, and the history of Cairns! I am so glad I decided to do a half day of fishing with John as it was a great experience caught some cool fish and rays and I had heaps of fun. Definitely recommend going out on the boat for some fishing! Even if your not very experienced in fishing!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wow, where to start, we were welcomed onto the boat by Capt John Hangodi, a really friendly guy, laid back too, There were 3 of us, me & my lifelong buddy Neil from NZ and another guy from South Africa, Martin. All four of us got on really well and the atmos was relaxed right from the start. firstly John showed his experience & skill by flinging in a net which unfurled perfectly and when it was retrieved it was full of shimmering live bait a second attempt bagged a net full of shrimp.
We set off to a couple of locations and John, Martin & Neil all caught some quality fish. There was great camaraderie and the banter was sharp, I can remember thinking that even if I did not get a sniff, it did not matter as we were all having such a great time. Just then I hooked into something big. Now I'm not the most experienced fisherman in the world but I landed it with the help of all on board, John gave superb advice and was handy with the net. It was a big Barramundi, my biggest ever fish. It was caught on the shrimp for the record, over by the furthest wreck out.
A couple of other things ... John caught the attention of a huge Eagle away over on the bank several hundred yards away, which swooped across the water and treated us to a fly over before swooping down for the discarded live bate. A real highlight. Also John detoured off to a side water so see if we could spot a Croc, we were not lucky that time, wrong time of year, still intense and interesting. I can honestly say this fishing trip was one of the highlights of our holiday in Australia. Also, John has stayed in touch with me by email since my return to the UK ... he is the complete package, go with Paradise Sports fishing, you will not be disappointed. Thank you John for rekindling my passion for fishing. since returning, I have joined the local fishing club and could not be happier. I will send you some pics of any biggies I catch.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went out on a half day (am) with John who runs Paradise sports fishing just the other day and had an enjoyable day. We didn't catch a lot of fish, but that was no fault of John's. We had live fresh prawns and live fresh Herring for bait and Jonh took us to three different spots (given it was only a half day tour, it would have been difficult to try too many others given the time it takes to drop and up anchor). Our 1st spot was going off and we all (8 of us) caught something, just nothing worth keeping.
The only thing that could do with a bit of improvement were the rods and reels, they were looking very tired and could do with being replaced.
Would definitely recommend doing the morning fish as the wind really starts blowing hard by lunch time and would make it much less enjoyable in the afternoon.

1  Thank Oners