“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: PHONE: 07 4041 2641
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Came here for dinner, delicious quality food, friendly staff. Great restaurant which was worth what you pay. Would come here again if I go back to Cairns.

There are newer reviews for The Banana Leaf

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Usually a big menu is a warning sign - flashing danger. However I dined here and found that for this restaurant that was not the case!!
We had a low-key Xmas party here & everyone ordered a different ala-carte meal. Everything smelled & looked awesome.
My partner had his meal served sizzling on a hot-rock which send waves of delicious fragrance over the whole table.
All in all very value for money & good food.
Just make sure you dine indoors- the atmosphere is better.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

When I booked a table for 10 for a birthday party, they told me it was okay for me to bring a birthday cake. When we turned up, the waiter told us to "just put it (the cake) on the table". I had to ask them to put it in the fridge since it was a chocolate cake. The place was rather empty save for our table and 3 others. They only came to our table to take our drinks/food order and then pretty much ignored us throughout the time we were there. One of the waitress was constantly busy texting on her phone. We found the food was too sweet & had to keep asking for extra chillies to spiced up a bit. By 9:15 they were noisily packing up the table & chairs outside so we asked them to bring out the birthday cake. The waiter simply plonked it in front of us still in its original packaging & walked off - no candles, no plates & no knife to cut it with. I had to ask them for a knife & some plates. By then everyone was in no mood to enjoy the cake & nobody wanted to take it home. When I asked the waiter if he & his staff would like some, he smiled for the first time that night. I gave them half. We quickly paid the bill & left, only later on we realized they over-charged us with our drink bill. WE WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS PLACE! If you are after a fantastic Thai experience with great food & very warm and welcoming service, I'd highly recommend Thai Coin at Mulgrave Road. They will re-open in early February 2013.

1  Thank LaLiaLuna
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The curry tasted like it was warmed up, the filo prawns were hot on the outside but still frozen in the middle & had to ask for a refund. Will never return

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I popped in for lunch and had chicken pad Thai. The food was ready very quickly. They used good quality chicken. Meal was tasty. I think that if they recovered the chairs the decor would improve greatly.