“Nice sandwiches but bad coffee”
Review of Dolce & Caffe

Dolce & Caffe
Ranked #3 of 32 Coffee & Tea in Cairns
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This place was very crowded so we thought we'd give it a try. The service is efficient in taking orders but the output takes a while due to how busy it is. The food is reasonable value for the Esplanade. Sandwiches nice and fresh. Unfortunately the coffee was very, very average. I would rather go down to Perotta for better coffee and faster production.

There are newer reviews for Dolce & Caffe

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My breakfast was fabulous! Only problem was that their soy milk contained gluten. For people who are coeliac & lactose intolerant this a problem which is easily rectified as most soy milk is gluten free. The staff were very nice and let me bring my own soy milk and made a delicious coffee for me. This was a better option than having breakfast elsewhere.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Well i finally found a cafe that opens early to cater for early risers. The cafe looks a little like a delicatessen yet the coffee was more like a traditional italian cafe. Loved the coffee and am very impressed with the service. Great stuff!

1  Thank George L
Reviewed May 23, 2013

If I'm on the lookout for a good spot for breakfast on a weekend I always know that if a bunch of cyclists have stopped there for coffee and food that it must be both good quality and value for money (we cyclists are a stingy bunch).

So it is with my bike radar on that I came across this with my wife on a recent weekender up from Brisbane. The great thing about finding a popular spot is knowing that you'll get good food and service. The flip-side of this is that if the business is so successful and you turn up in a busy period the staff are, and were, running around with 'darting eyes' looking for that next table to be vacated.

We arrived before a particularly busy period where there were maybe a half dozen standing with menus in hand waiting for a seat (thats awesome advertising right there - but I digress) and we asked for a table for 3 (we had a friend coming). They did a great job in accommodating us and after a while I managed to ignore their pleading looks of, 'When will that 3 person show up!'

All good guys. I think the formula is right at this place! Its got buzz, fresh food and produce on display and of course the breakfast tasted great.

Everyone reviewing Cairns also seems to like throwing out "Best coffee in Cairns" a bit. I'm not going to do that as I only went to a few spots while I was there but rest assured - the barista has his caffeine mojo so your drinks will be alright.

1  Thank PartyOfFourToday
Reviewed May 21, 2013

was in Cairns recently on business. Went to this cafe with associates and alone. always fast efficient service with excellent coffee. very clean and genuine staff. I would recommend the bircher musilie. very central location. if they are busy Perrottas at the gallery next door is also excellent. if you have time visit the art gallery, small but interesting with neat gift shop.

1  Thank FromBrisbane