“Very Good Gelato”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just had to try gelato here on the recommendations on tripadvisor. Visited here on two different days on our stay in Cairns - gelato was really good - had the passionfruit and then coconut. Was good but certainly no better than I've had right here at home from the local genuine italian gelato shop and also some that I've had in Italy .... but then it's a lot easier to get to here:) Fresh and also a great range.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

During recent stay in Cairns my friend (an ice cream lover) and I tried Gelocchio on the strength of Trip Advisor recommendations and unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations. The ice cream was nice but not exceptional. Serving size was very generous to the point of my container being so full the icecream was running all over my hands as soon as I left the shop. We are from Western Australia and maybe the icecream is just better in the West.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Skipped dinner and went straight for a double scoop icecream from Gelocchio. Finally decided upon mint and coffee flavours, and got excited watching the care that went into the scooping into my waffle cone - Very generous, and an extra drizzle of chocolate on top, perfect! Service with a smile, and excellent icecream, so good I went back for another double scoop 3 days later!!

1  Thank Katiecam34
Reviewed October 5, 2012

i wish they had a membership card- me and a friend ate 5 fruitcicals at once!!! Coconut is the best, however each flavor gets better and better! I'm so excited that this place exists!! Beware 1 turns into 2 which turns into 3... And then so on!

2  Thank Kezandtez
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We love the fact that we could eat 100% natural fruit icey poles with all types of fruit, especially tropical fruit. Dragon fruit and lychees on a stick is our idea of yum! Was great too, since we are also vegans to find a satisfying sweet treat.

1  Thank VeganFind