“Best time of my life!!!!”
Review of Foaming Fury

Foaming Fury
Book In Advance
More Info
$77.21*
and up
Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White-Water Rafting from Cairns or Port...
More Info
$53.81*
and up
Mulgrave River Tubing from Cairns
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: HALF DAY BARRON RIVER - The Barron River half day tour is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. It's fun, exciting and exhilarating, Let the guides entertain you on this spectacular river! Spend the afternoon on the water whilst taking in scenic views of the rainforest within the Barron Gorge National Park. Raft in 8 person rafts with your guide taking you on a journey to remember. Only 20 minutes traveling time from Cairns. Enjoy the trills of up to grade 3 rapids. The Barron River half day tour is the ultimate experience for those with limited time and would like to participate in the thrills of white water.
Reviewed September 1, 2014

My friends and I decided to challenge ourselves and try white water rafting. I had recently lost weight so thought I needed to reward myself as well as try something really new and out of my comfort zone. It was the best half day of my life. The whole day was run extremely well. The staff were very friendly and approachable as well as professional. They made it really fun but you knew they knew their job. Each stage was explained to us and plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Once we were in the river and ready to go after a training session I was apprehensive but Roddy our guide on our raft was very reassuraing and patient with me and said you will be fine. I am in the 50 yr age group so was worried about moving quickly enough when asked. I did it and I survived and I had such a great time. There is nothing to compare to actually going down rapids in a raft and actually paddling and riding those waves!! It was awesome. Safety was a huge thing and every step of the way they took time to explain what was happening next and what we just did and also taught us heaps about the surrounding terrain and environment.
At one point I did fall out of the raft which was a bit scary but I knew what to do because I had been told what I needed to do. My friend was worried but knew that Roddy was taking the situation very seriously and watching for me to come up which I did in about 7 sec and he grabbed me and I was back in the boat in no time. I was empowered by the whole experience -doing rapids swimming in the deep pools even falling overboard because I was fine. I did it!!!!
I felt so happy and positive after this experience I would love to do it again or do something else that will challenge me.
Thanks to all the team of 3 great leaders who took us up the river that day. You are all great guys so strong and capable.
Also thanks to the guy who drove the bus and took the great photos of all of us.
I will talk about this day for a long time and will always remember the day I conquered the rapids of the Barron River Cairns.
Thanks heaps sal

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I went with my 2 brothers inlaw in late July and had a fantastic time.We shared our raft with 2 Korean guys which was great.The rapids were not too severe which was very good for most people I think.The guides appeared to take different routes though the rapids depending on the experience of the people in the rafts.I imagine they could give experienced rafters a more exciting experience.My brother inlaw was very cocky and he got tipped out on the last rapid.After the last rapid most of the people got out of the rafts and had a swim,while the rafts slowly paddled down the long calm picturesque journey to the finish.A very memorable experience with lots of fun guides who take safety seriously.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Just finished a wonderful week in Cairns with my wife Monique 23/08/2014. Did the Sky Rail, Karanda Train, Reef day trip, Esplanade, Beaches, Port Douglas and Waterfalls drive and they were all good, but hands down the best thing we did was go White water Rafting with Foaming Fury. Great guides - experienced, knowledgeable and awesome funny. Great scenery that is just breathtaking and the most amazing adrenalin buzz we've had in decades!!! I never write reviews but just felt I owed the boys something - it was that cool!!! Do yourself a favour and don't leave Cairns without experiencing a Foaming Fury adventure. - Pete & Monique Lane

Reviewed August 20, 2014

we were talked into doing something a bit daring (for a couple in their 60s of only average fitness) on our annual trip to Port Douglas - white water rafting on The Barron River with Foaming Fury. I have to say that the day was the most outstanding success... we were given great schooling by experienced guides who maintained a focus on safety first while still ensuring plenty of excitement and fun - including a few spills and thrills while descending the beautiful Barron Gorge.
If you have the opportunity, then don't pass on this chance of knocking a bucket list item over... It is suitable for families and couples of any age and stamina. The operators are true professionals and ensure you will not walk away disappointed.... a must do in Cairns.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Picked up from hotel on time at 7:45 this morning by Joe for the drive out to Mulgrave River. There were only the four of us (family with 2 kids - 12 and 10years) so we got a super private tour but Joe told us groups can be much bigger - his trailer takes 20 tubes! Upon arrival we got our safety gear and carried our tubes up the hill for the start of our tube adventure. It's a lovely stretch of the river with gentle but fun rapids for the uninitiated. Great fun - some lovely floaty calm sections as well to enjoy the beauty of the surroundings and just chill out in the sunshine. We did a few runs and was just as fun both times - and we spent some time jumping off the half way bridge as well.

Lastly - saw Brumbies (wild horses), great grey herons, cockatoos etc. And look out for the gold in the river bed!!