“Awesome day out!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$80.50*
and up
Barron Gorge National Park Half-Day White-Water Rafting from Cairns or Port...
More Info
$56.11*
and up
Mulgrave River Tubing from Cairns
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: HALF DAY BARRON RIVER - The Barron River half day tour is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. It's fun, exciting and exhilarating, Let the guides entertain you on this spectacular river! Spend the afternoon on the water whilst taking in scenic views of the rainforest within the Barron Gorge National Park. Raft in 8 person rafts with your guide taking you on a journey to remember. Only 20 minutes traveling time from Cairns. Enjoy the trills of up to grade 3 rapids. The Barron River half day tour is the ultimate experience for those with limited time and would like to participate in the thrills of white water.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was the second time I've done this trip, and the first time for my girlfriend. It's an awesome time, especially in summer! I forget our raft guide's name, but he was a combination of Tarzan and Jesus, and was an epic guide! We had SO much fun in the picturesque setting, with thrilling rapids, breathtaking rainforest surrounding us, and refreshing water to play in. If you are visiting Cairns, or live here like I do, this is definitely a must!

There are newer reviews for Foaming Fury

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went Tubing, got picked up from the hotel (on time) taken on a nice drive up into the mountains. The equipment was in great condition. Our guides were fantastic, had a few young kids with our tour which they accomodated. The location was magical, beautiful clear refreshing water. Rapids although not huge were fun with some bumps and spills. I do recommend wearing good sole shoes as there is some walking over river rocks which can be slipery under foot. Over all a fantastic day I can highly recommend it.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have done rafting before and, whilst it was fun, I am not a huge fan of getting tossed around in serious rapids. We had a party of six, and decided to go for the tubing trip on the Mulgrave River.

The journey out was fairly long but not overly so, and the guides kept us entertained with brilliant local knowledge.

You have to carry your tubes to the river, which is not too strenuous but in the midday heat could be taxing for the less fit. We had a whole party of, well, very old people with us - one bloke was 82 years old! Respect for him still doing adventurous things at that age, but it made the trip much slower than if we'd been with a younger group. But well, them's the breaks.

Tubing itself was very enjoyable - be aware that this is a SEDATE activity! Literally you could but a baby in an inner tube and push them off down this river. The rapids are very gentle, but fun, and then you float along the calmer sections just enjoying the ride, being out among the mangroves, and mucking about jumping off your tube and getting back on etc. Basically, you go for the relaxing, chilled out experience of floating down a river, and I loved it!

I think usually the tour has you get out, walk back to the start and then do the whole river section again, but due to the age of most of the participants, we were very slow and so only did the course once before going back to the bus for some snacks and drinks.

I think this trip is made fun by the guides, who were excellent - Rob and Laura were playful and funny, just our sort of silly out-there folk. When the day was done, they went out of their way to help us move from one hostel to another, taking us to our original place, waiting while we got our bags, then taxiing us to the new place. Very decent of them!

After this, I think I would really love to try their rafting for a more action-packed day! I'd feel safe and happy to try something more challenging with these people.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Wanted to go rafting but 11 year old was 6 months too young! This tour was recommended by the travel agent and was a really fun day on the river.
Guiddes Rob and Laura were outstanding, very friendly, had great sense of humour and were easy people to trust and fell comfoprtable with for a few hours. Pick up was prompt, all well organised. Information was well put together for adults and kids alike.
The tubing was fun. Great for those with younger kids who want an adventure experience or those who are buildind up to a bigger adventure. Nothing dangerous, relaxing and fun at the same time. Not sure if I would take the 5 year olds, as our 11 year old is not too tall and had difficulty reaching over the tube to paddle at times. Not that was a bother for him! He had a great time. Rob and Laura really good with the kids, very patient and encouraging without being patronising or lecturous.
As will happen, our camera got buried under all the life jackets etc and Laura went out of her way to drop it back to us on her way home. What more could you want? A great day on the river with some genuine and fun people.
Don't worry about taking anything except your towel and waterproof camera. All personal items stored safely on bus in the middle of nowhere, no opportunity for souvenirs except photos and memories. :)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was by far the best experience we had in Queensland. Our guide Roddy was excellent and made the whole experience superb. The only thing that could make this better would have been to go during the wet season instead of the dry season. Oh well, live and learn.