“Bellissimo! Great find”

Bel Paese
Ranked #84 of 595 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Bellissimo! Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We loved the food & the service was great, lovely staff. Gluten free option as well which was good for me. Garlic prawns were beautiful & seafood pasta excellent. Would highly recommend

• Visited July 2014
BelPaeseCairns, Owner at Bel Paese, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed our gluten free options and cant wait to see you again soon!

• Korean first
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Bad pizza”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The pizza we had today ("Salvatoré original") was really bad: it looked like a frozen pizza with some toppings, and the the ingredients were all but fresh. Moreover, it was tasteless... I actually already tasted frozen pizzas that were better than this one.

• Visited July 2014
BelPaeseCairns, Owner at Bel Paese, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you didn’t enjoy the pizza. We prepare our dough on site and use fresh ingredients. The Salvatore Original often attracts very positive reviews. If a customer is unhappy with the product, we encourage them to bring it back to us and we can offer a refund or alternative dish.
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Bel Paese is not a mind blowing pizzeria but I have to admit that their pizzas are quite good. Obviously the pizzas are quite "australianised", it is to me not an authentic italian experience, but in Cairns it is hard to find some good pizzas and Bel Paese does pretty well when it comes to make some good ones.

Definitively give it a try and judge by yourself :)

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Thomas B
BelPaeseCairns, Owner at Bel Paese, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hi Thomas, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We pride ourselves on making authentic Italian food and are very glad you enjoyed the pizza. We look forward to your next visit!

Cairns, Australia
“Classical Italian Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Well presented cuisine with very good service. Friendly staff, wonderful atmosphere. Will be back again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Orbea63
BelPaeseCairns, Owner at Bel Paese, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the meal and our friendly service, and I look forward to your next visit!

Cairns
“Don't know what the fuss is about”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Dined here last Thursday with 2 friends after work, and not overly impressed. I thought the main meals were expensive ($30 for chicken/steak and salad) for a casual family restaurant. All food came to the table inconsistently and my friends pizza order was mixed up with other tables so good was put down in front of her, then the waiter came back to pick it up again, assuring us another was being made to replace it.. I had calamari entree with a side of vegetables, and our other friend had the cannelloni which came out with an undressed 'salad' of green stuff. Food was ok, but nothing we'd return for.

1 Thank Tiffytins
BelPaeseCairns, Owner at Bel Paese, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
My apologies for the mix up with your table service. We do aim to get all food on the table in a timely manner and I will talk to my staff about ensuring service is consistent, even on very busy nights. Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the food and I hope to see you again soon.