“Unexpectedly delicious, and surprisingly great service.”
Review of Bel Paese

Bel Paese
Ranked #105 of 624 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 22, 2014

After stumbling across Bel Paese with a craving for a delicious Italian meal, we we're first met by the quiet little venue on Spence St. The large selection of traditional Italian cuisine was mouth watering. The Garlic Prawns were delicious yet not overpowering, the Spaghetti Bolognese and Fettuccine Carbonara were generous servings and rich in flavour without being heavy or oily.

1  Thank LukeJEvo

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Perhaps I got lucky, perhaps others didn't.

After arriving in Cairns late in the afternoon, I unpacked my bags and went for a walk to find something to eat. I stumbled onto Bel Paese and was met at the door by a very friendly back packer who informed me I could get take away food if I preferred.

I entered the restaurant and placed my order and a couple of beers for the wait. The décor is unusual, trying to replicate the finest Italian décor and failing somewhat, but then again, are we art critics. I found it quirky but pleasant, others obviously disagree.

The food arrived quickly (for those interested it was a pizza) and I scurried away to my apartment to devour it without checking the contents. The pizza I must say was close to the best I have ever eaten. Hats off to the staff as I made a special request for certain ingredients and the order was exactly as requested.

Would I eat here again - absolutely.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a Cairns local for it's home style food & we were not disappointed. The food was plentiful and amazing . We ordered a pizza & pasta dish and shared , as well as a little of red which suited both dishes & we didn't pay an arm & a leg . The service was professional & we were served diligently .
Sitting outside was a nice choice as inside seems a bit stuffy .

Would definitely recommend to other travelers .

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Although the value (particularly when combined with an entertainment book voucher) was fantastic for the amount of food eaten, there is a real distinct lack of atmosphere in this place. The setting and decor is a bit lacking and results in a real lack of ambiance. The service was pretty good however and the food was great - without being amazing. Overall I would recommend it - but more for an informal dinner rather than big occasions.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My son and I like it here! Delicious and friendly. We recommend to travellers... Better food than most in Cairns............

1  Thank mpestorius