“Great choice”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
“Great choice”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My friend & I ate there last night & we were very impressed. We're Cairns local's & were using our table52 cards. Great food, great service, over all a great experience :-)

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good old fashioned Italian food, not fancy but great value and one of our favourites in Cairns. The service is always friendly and helpful and whenever I have been there the place has been pretty crowded. Recommended if you are craving good pasta and old fashioned style Italian dining, good for family groups

• Visited February 2013
“Fabulous Pizzas”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We tried Bel Paese on recommendation of our hotel manager as it was close and does excellent pizzas. We were not disappointed with the pizzas which were amazing! There are quite a few to choose from, however they will make a special one for you if you ask!

We also ordered a pasta dish which wasn't as great (nice flavours but not enough suace for my liking) but still not bad.

We had ours to take away but the restaurant ambiance was lovely and would make for a romantic night out!

Visited February 2013
Cairns, Queensland
“Food is excellent, service even better”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had dinner here last night using the Table 52 card (One free meal card). It was our first time here and we had previously been recommended by an Italian to eat here.

This was my second time to use a Table 52 card, the first time was not pleasant, so I wasn't enthusiastic about using it. We told them when we booked the reservation and they seemed happy enough about us using it.

Anyway, the service from the beginning was awesome. I can understand how another reviewer had said it felt like eating in an office. Its an open area and didn't feel like an office to me, but, it was loud. If you want a romantic quiet evening then you may consider outside seating, but inside felt like a family gathering, everyone was enjoying their meal and chatting up a storm.

For starters we had bruschetta, this was okay, not great, but okay. It was as described but didn't wow us.

The main courses were excellent, I had the 10 inch seafood pizza, now I can eat, and this was plenty. Lots of flavours, a lovely perfectly cooked dry base. You know how some pizzas served on a plate are wet by your second slice, this didn't happen here, the base remained dry to the very last bite. I want to sample more varieties before I say it was the best pizza in Cairns, but it easily made the best first impression.

My wife had the seafood pasta, it was served in a tomato sauce, not too much sauce, plenty of seafood and she enjoyed it thoroughly. Upon bringing it out I thought it would be too much for her but she got through it with ease, the sign of a tasty meal.

We decided to try their desert menu, I had the forgotten apple, a white chocolate covered apple shape gelato. It was special, as was my wife's hazelnut covered gelato, the name escapes me though.

All up we spent $80 with drinks, $60 after the table 52 card and we loved every minute of it.

We will go back and I thoroughly encourage you to do the same.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank wemarriedinvegas
Cairns, Australia
“Why the High Review's ? You Feel like your sitting in an office, Not a Restaurant. Bland Food and Terrible Atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Woeful Restaurant setting, You sit in what feels like an old office and they have the chairs to match. Food menu limited and bland, i would say a lot of it is pre cooked.The chicken i had was clearly reheated. The Pizza was also bland. As soon as I sat down and thought " The Food must be great as the decor and atmosphere are shocking" I was sorely dissapointed. As soon as you walk in this place you will understand where this review comes from. YOU have been warned!!

Visited February 2013