“Tasty, Affordable, Authentic Thai Food!”
Review of Thai Coins

Thai Coins
Ranked #26 of 644 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been here twice now and both times I have left satisfied. Portion sizes are just enough and the food is as authentic as any I have eaten outside of Thailand. The Pad Krapow Moo (Fried pork basil) is as good any I had the pleasure of eating in Thailand. They do not serve this dish with an egg at Thai Coins but after my request they were happy to include it. Great service to add to the well balanced and spiced food

Reviewed May 12, 2013

well priced, odd location, right amount of spice, good fast service, cheap and a BYO, great veggie options,I would go again, just read someone put worst thia food, I dont agree at all and I eat alot of thai food ( even been to thailand)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The food, surroundings, atmosphere, and service are always brilliant!
I've been coming here for a number of years, and make the effort to get here once a month at least.
My only complaint is that the food is too cheap;)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

For quick reasonably priced Thai food on the south side of Cairns, this is really good. If we dine in, we like to sit in the courtyard area.

Joel C, Manager at Thai Coins, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you for finding us were at your service looking forward to see you soon

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Unfortunately Tripadvisor failed us on this occasion, as the glowing reviews did not match our dining experience. I relied on the positive reviews on here and visited this restaurant with my wife...excited to get some tasty Thai food in cairns. How disappointed we were!

There is no easy way to say this...the food was terrible.

Honestly it tasted way overpowering, did not taste fresh and was like food court shopping centre food. For example we had an entree of satay chicken Skewers and they were cold and a little soggy like they had been microwaved.

we left the restaurant after our meal shaking our heads quite confused as to how there could be so many positive glowing reviews for this place when we thought the food we ordered was so bad? surely there is no way that so many people can enjoy eating this? Maybe the standards for Thai food are lower in cairns than they are in Melbourne? Not sure, I'm still trying to work it out?

I feel terrible writing this review but feel like it had to be done so people don't get caught out like we did!

To the restaurants credit, they were quite friendly and accommodating and let us change one of the dishes that we found we couldn't eat due to the spice level.

I really felt like we wasted 50 bucks on a terrible dinner as it was not worth it for what we ate.

Maybe we were unlucky with the dishes we ordered, or maybe they were not busy over the Easter weekend and this impacted their food quality? Not sure but think twice before visiting here.

(Note I have been to Thailand twice and I know my Thai food very well)

4  Thank Christopher_melb