“Great Staff, Great Food and the best family value!!”

Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises - Day Tour
Green Island Half Day Trip from Cairns
$35.88*
Cairns Sunset Cruise and Optional Dinner
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Island is a tropical island paradise on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Big Cat Green Island Reef Cruises offers full and half day reef cruises departing daily from Cairns at 9am, 11am & 1pm. Activities that are offered include snorkelling, diving, glass bottom boat and semi-submarine coral viewing tours, relaxing on the beach and exploring Green Island National Park. Transfers are by modern air-conditioned catamaran.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We would like to share with everyone that we are a family with four children ages from 17 down to 6. This can sometimes be challenging to find something suitable to keep everyone happy. We all loved the snorkelling and semi sub experience.. Mustn't forget the beautiful lunch. Thank you also to the wonderful staff. We look forward to returning the Green Island abroad the Big Cat our next holiday to Cairns. Full day is a must..

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Big Cat Green Island is a wonderful choice for Discovering part of the Great Barrier Reef. Its only a 45min trip to the Island, and there is a multitude of activities to choose from. Snorkelling is a wonderful way to get up close and personal with the natural wonderful and sea life of the reef.
Especially if you're lucky enough to spot sea creatures such as the turtles swimming around.
I also did the Glass Bottom Boat, and the Semi-Sub experiences. These were great as well, although unfortunatley the tide was going out by the time my allocated time slot came around, so we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked. Still a wonderful activity though.
The staff on the Big Cat were also great, very friendly and helpful, and always a smiling face to be seen.
Would definitley recommend.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked the lunch with snokel and glass bottom boat. I must say the boat has way too many asian tourists. So caucasions may feel a bit uncomfortable. Other than that, the company runs the tour very efficiently. Everything is on time. I won't recommend lunch on the boat as I feel like fighting for food. You can get fish and chips on the island for 15 bucks. good for someone who suffer from seasick

Reviewed April 22, 2013

That was the predicament I faced. There were 4 adults in our party, 2 thirtysomethings and 2 adults in their 60s with dodgy joints. Reef Magic appealed to me for the superlative snorkelling opportunities, being further out on the reef and ideal way for my parents to spend time exploring the reef. The price (for 4 adults) was a massive factor in me deciding to opt for Big Cat however. I have to say, I didn't feel let down at all. I'm a relative newcomer to the snorkelling scene, so my experience of the reef on this cruise was amazing (OK, I know the reef is amateur compared to what more experienced snorkellers are looking for). My parents were able to chill on the beach (which you can't do on the Reef Magic cruise) and enjoy the semi-submersible sub. The crowds are a bit of a bummer but we never felt that this impaired our enjoyment and the food and catering on the Big Cat itself was OUTSTANDING.

For adults it was considerably cheaper than Reef Magic. If you're in a big party, then choose Big Cat. If you're 1 or 2 persons, into your snorkelling, then go Reef Magic.

2  Thank shoegazer82
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We took full day tour at 99 AU$ per person ,including Lunch.Snorkeling gearis provided free.Enjoyed snorkelling for the first time.Nice experience with variety of fishes.No need to be a swimmer.But lunch is not up to the mark.Did not give fruit platter as promised.No free coffee after cruise starts.No evening cookies and tea/coffee as promised.