“Excellent coffee, great service and atmosphere.”
Review of Caffiend

Caffiend
Ranked #16 of 624 Restaurants in Cairns
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Specialty coffee + single origins + cold brew + filter coffee. Tasty breakfast and lunch + Laneway street art + Free wifi + Open 7 days. Monday to Saturday, 730am till 3pm. Sunday 8am till 2pm.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of my favourite cafe's in Cairns. Award winning Barista, good selection of beans, tasty well prepared food with some good choices and interesting specials. Best to get there before midday to beat the lunchtime crowd and best tables are in the alleyway.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Had my breakfast there one sleepy morning, wanted to find out what is all the hype about. Managed to find this Melbourne-like cafe tucked away in a small alley. I had the basil and fetta cheese omelette and topped it up with mushrooms and boy was that the best breakfast I ever had! Just a simple breakfast and it was done to perfection, the myriad of savory taste in the omelette left a very strong impression on me. The cappuccino was really good too, albeit not as acidic as the Melbourne kind but you just want to finish every last drop. A little on the pricey side though but well worth it! Would definitely return if I am ever back in Cairns!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

We attended a La Chaine des Rotisseurs dinner on Saturday night. The restaurant is still BYO so the club brought it own wine matching the dishes.There were 25 of us and we had champagne in the lane way and the dinner inside. After the canapes which included chicken liver mousse and tongue we had buffalo cheese panacotta which was delicious. The on to the salmon ravioli which was followed by a mandarin sorbet. The main was slow cooked beef cheeks with horseradish mash. For dessert we had a choice of black sapote mousse or Mareeba pineapple.
Absolutely great night!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We didn't see anything on the breakfast menu that excited us, but we decided to come back for lunch. We had excellent smoked salmon sandwiches; my husband commented it was one of the best sandwiches he'd ever had. I'd definitely return, and the service was good, too.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Are you over the run of the mill brekkies that seem to be the staple of most cafes? Well so was I until a friend suggested that I go to Caffiend. Seriously good coffee, great menu choices and a funky atmosphere... definately check this place out!