Tripadvisor
Cairns
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews bedroom apartment stayed here rainforest hosts bbq pool
Selected filters
Reviewed December 19, 2019

I stayed here with my husband and 4 of our friends celebrating my 40th last month. We had such a wonderful holiday . Golden Sunbird had everything we were after, plus more.
Gorgeous house with fantastic outdoor bbq dining area by the pool.
Will definitely stay here again!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Amanda M, Owner at Golden Sunbird, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2019

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you enjoyed it

Regards
Beau

Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

The owner was very welcoming and helpful, and we had a fantatic 3 nights in the stunning and well equipped house tucked away in the rainforest.
Highly recommended to future guests
We even saw the golden sunbird while we were there

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Amanda M, Owner at Golden Sunbird, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2019

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay we hope to see you again. We wish you happy travels

Reviewed December 4, 2019 via mobile

Taneesha and I stayed here for 10 night and loved it. Set amongst the rainforest we saw butterflies and birds every day. Peaceful and so close to everything needed. The hosts were very helpful and kind.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your time in our accommodation. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again

Reviewed November 25, 2019

The property has a high vantage point, with a wide open verandah overlooking the dense forest with mountains in the distance. The feeling was expansive, private and yet warm and comfortable. There is much glass with high cathedral ceilings which adds to the illusion of being nestled in a rainforest while only being ten minutes out of Cairns. The pool has natural rocks surrounding it and a deck area with new BBQ great for eating outdoors. The beds were comfortable with appropriate linen. The property was well maintained and despite having no screens the insect life was inobtrusive. The property manager Beau was extremely hospitable and welcoming, even offering to take me to the airport if I had difficulty with transport. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the property to those seeking a spacious, yet comfortable, well designed property.

Date of stay: November 2019
Amanda M, Owner at Golden Sunbird, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2019

Thanks for your review
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in our Retreat

Reviewed November 14, 2019

We stayed a week at the Golden Sunbird in their 2 bedroom apartment. It was very comfortable for our 4 person family. The apartment is spacious, and modern and stocked with all the essentials plus a few thoughtful extras. The location is quiet and the apartment was nice and cool. The tropical gardens are beautiful and we had access to a full laundry, pool & lawn area. Beau and Amanda are really nice, friendly people. We had a great stay & highly recommend Golden Sunbird, it is amazing value for money. Also try out the Mermaid course our daughter loved it!

Thanks for your review
I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in our apartment