“Wonderful Park with Friendly Staff”

Cairns Holiday Park
Ranked #10 of 83 Specialty Lodging in Cairns
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just visited Cairns and we stayed in the most wonderful Holiday Park, on first visiting the office, we were welcomed by the most amazing and friendly staff, nothing was too much trouble, happy to help with anything, i.e. arranging sight seeing and food to purchase, we didn't have to drive to the shops to get basic things. Our accommodation was clean tidy and very comfortable, the surrounds of the park were great for the kids to walk around and discover different things. Pool was allot of fun. Having travelled all the way from Adelaide we were very impressed with the Cairns Holiday Park and we would not hesitate to stay there again, in actual fact, if visiting Cairns again, we would not bother to look at any other accommodation it will be straight back to the Cairns Holiday Park. Thank you again to all the staff you are truly amazing people, it really shows you love your job.

Room Tip: If staying at the Cairns holiday park whether you just want to tent it, or stay in a fully self cont...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Manager at Cairns Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thanks for leaving this great review; I can see you got to enjoy a lot that the park offers and you're right, the surroundings of the park are beautiful!

We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I chose Cairns Holiday Park because they were the cheapest in Cairns for a single traveller with a tent. At first I had some little problems with getting to them because I didn't find the shuttle bus departing from the airport but the staff helped me by giving me the mobile number of the driver.
When I was arriving they remembered me from the telephone and were very friendly.
I arrived at Australia Day and therefore they had very delicious "Lamington" for free at the reception (I forgot to ask for the receipt but it was really good)

The tent site is a little dangered by beeing flooded, so if you are staying in a tent be careful where you put it up. My tent was placed a little bit to low, but the friendly staff warned me so that I could move it before it was flooded.

The facilities are clean, the only thing I was missing were some shower curtains.
The tables in the camp kitchen are a little bit sticky, but I think that its not because of dirt but because of the paint.

I would recomment the park to everyone who asked me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
austpm, Guest Relations Manager at Cairns Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay.

Unfortunately this time of year is the rainy season and some sites are on lower group so collects water, however we are always more than happy to help you find another spot.

We will take on your other feedback and look to make these improvements.

Hope you have a fantastic trip and will hopefully see you again sometime.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was on a road trip from Cairns to Brisbane, and This park was my first stop. I can honestly say it is the park I will judge all others by.
When I originally booked, it was for three days on an unpowered site. During the planning of my trip, I had to change the dates, duration and change to a powered site. None of this was too much trouble for Anna, Min, Julie or Roz.
When I finally arrived, I was made to feel like an old friend and felt immediately welcome and comfortable.
The site I was allocated was perfect for my needs, and the shared amenities were generally clean and tidy.
I had trouble sleeping in my campervan due to the heat, and when I mentioned this to Min, she kindly lent me one of the sites fans, free of charge, for the duration of my stay. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone, and I was made to feel like a real friend, and not just a paying customer.

Thank you all, you made my stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Sleep quality was lower due to the heat. Not any fault of the site. Take a fan with you to use over...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your fantastic review. We loved having you stay at the park and are always wanting to help our guest have a very pleasant stay with us.

Good luck with the rest of your trip and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were very impressed with the Cairns Holiday Park having travelled all the way up the coast from Brisbane in a campervan- this was our favourite park of the whole trip! The staff was friendly and accommodating and the amenities were clean and centrally located. The best part were the big old trees which made for lovely shade in the hot season. It was a bit far from the Esplanade though so be ready for a hike-

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
austpm, Guest Relations Manager at Cairns Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thanks for giving us a great review! It's so nice to hear we were your favourite stop. We also love the big trees and glad you do too.

Yes we are close to the Cairns City but if you wish to walk, it does take 40 minutes and sometimes is a struggle in the heat. However, many people love the excuse to get some exercise and fresh air. The taxi fares are also pretty reasonable and there's plenty around that we are happy to call one for you.

We hope you come stay with us again sometime soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed there for four nights. Staff was very helpful and friendly. During very hot nights they brought us fan to the tent :) We liked the kitchen place and free BBQ :) We could book reef trips straight in the recepction. It was clean and quiet, except the screaming birds in the morning ;)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks for staying with us at Cairns Holiday Park. Sounds like you had a really great experience, despite the noisy birds but unfortunately we can't keep them quiet. We hope you enjoyed your reef trips and very glad you enjoyed everything else our park had to offer!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

stayed at the Cairns holiday park for 4 nights from xmas eve 2013. This is a supper little site, very friendly staff at reception and onsite. Found them very pleasant and very helpful. The site was very clean and well kept gardens. The toilet and shower facilities were excellent and very clean, hence we had an on suite patch which was excellent very modern and clean including towels. The price for this was very reasonable. there was a lovely kitchen and BBQ area, nice small swimming pool. Laundry services were very good too. I would well recommend this site its lovely, and not too far from the centre of Cairns, however it is approx. a 40 minute walk. This was one of the best camp sites we stayed in over the whole east coast. Beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

This is a great review - thank you so much for taking the time to write it and say so much positive things about our park! We love when our guests leave so happy and we look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

we drove from Gold coast to Cairns to move into a new place we needed to find a short term stop and I booked a "lodgings" on line, decided that it may have been to small so emailed about an upgrade to the cabin, the team called and advised that they were booked for the first half of my stay but would move us as soon as there was a free cabin. Any way we arrived and checked in and the lodgings were fantastic very comfortable, great amenities and a all the stuff you need like TV, AC coffee and tea etc. The BBQ area was great and the staff keep the place very clean. The only thing I would suggest is that a large Umbrella or shade cloth get put over the table under the big tree in the lodgings BBQ area as within 10 minutes of the groundsman cleaning it its covered in gunk again. The herb garden was a really nice touch and added to the evenings BBQ's and the pool, laundry etc. were great considering it was 4 thousand degrees and the place was packed. We secured a place to move into before we were due to depart and had about 3 days left and the management were great and we agreed to have a credit rather than a refund as we intend to have friend book in there when they come to visit. great spot great service and great fun

Room Tip: go the lodgings at AUD $55 a night you cant beat them
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
austpm, Director of Sales at Cairns Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for you feedback you have taken the time to leave for us on Tripadvisor. We will take into consideration the idea to install an umbrella or the like as this will possibly enhance our future guests experience here at our park. We are glad to hear that your time with us was enjoyable and we will be happy to have your visitors come to stay with us.